1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 160
ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
3/25/21 10:49 a.m.
02Pilot said:

Glad I was able to join last night, though I suspect those of you who suffered from my lack of skill may feel differently.

Having acknowledged that, I did find that the game was glitching/lagging on me from time to time, which contributed to some of my issues (though not the ones involving other drivers - those were all me). I will have to remember to reset my network connection before next week. Did anyone else experience this last night?

No network issues here.  I did have a bit of performance lag though.  I was playing with the shader pack off and I noticed my frame rate would drop from a solid 143 (limited by my video driver) all the way down to 70-80fps with 8 other cars & chaos on screen.  I noticed some of these cars must be high-poly models or something... for instance the reflections on the hood of the fairline will really drag down performance noticeably.  Even single player, it can be a 30fps hit for me.

02Pilot
02Pilot UberDork
3/25/21 10:55 a.m.

That could be what I was seeing. I never bothered to check my frame rates, but I had the shader patch on. I'll experiment with turning it off. Is there an easy way to monitor frame rates in the game?

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
3/25/21 12:05 p.m.

I appreciate you guys helping me get started and letting me crash your party, literally.  I still need to work on content, add ins, and settings but still had a great time.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
3/25/21 12:21 p.m.

I occasionally see a slight glitch, but it's pretty uncommon.  Nothing last night that I remember.  I had been seeing a serious frame rate hit sometimes, but I think I pulled down my setting enough that that is not as much of an issue.  I make a practice of restarting my computer before each race and making sure nothing else is running besides Discord.  Restarting the router is likely a good idea also.  The thing that gets me sometimes is I get some sort of system notice/ping that pulls the computer back to 4k (I run the game in 1080p), which screws everything up in AC and I need to quit and restart the race / room (fortunately that has not happened during a race).

I like the old school treatment.  I was thinking of trying to make some shots look as much as possible like an old photo.  On a screen, it's going to be pretty hard to tell the difference.

I did do a quick look at the replays, and lets just say, I mayyyyyyy have had something to do with the big CF in the first race.....

Darwin.  I looked into sharing my Replay settings.  I can share them in CM, but I have no idea where they go.  It does not ask for an email or anything.  I guess I could locate the saved files and send you those. 

02Pilot
02Pilot UberDork
3/25/21 1:04 p.m.

If you want some ideas about how to artificially age photos, let me know. I have some knowledge of old film stocks and some digital editing tools that offer options.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
3/25/21 1:26 p.m.

OK.  Yeah, I was planning on adding some damage / scratches (I have some patterns for that), then mess with the edges and color (sepia tone might be nice).  Photoshop has a lot of good options, and I am sure I could find presets (macros) online.  A fake postcard might be fun also.

Darwin, I emailed you my pre-sets.  There is a pic in each that shows where the files go.  You can also find that location by saving your settings (which you will want to do) and see the location that opens up.  I don't think they are super special.  I tend to mess around with different SOL presets to get a good look since different tracks seem to have slightly different looks (e.g. Sebring seems generally a little over exposes / light).  I have a couple of custom presets (for SOL), but neither seem to be an absolute improvement in all cases.

I also don't know if you are aware that in the Picture app, instead of taking a picture, hit the little icon next to it to do a preview, that will show a preview and bring up options to save it or not and also a slider to sharpen the image, which can be a nice improvement.

For video saves, I was using the built in WIndows Game center (Windows Key + G), which seems to a decent job of recording the screen.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/25/21 1:38 p.m.

Great fun last night!!!!  @Matt. Thanks for dropping in. It was great to have you!!!

I am really liking the photo stuff you all are generating. The aged photos are really cool. 

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
3/25/21 2:01 p.m.

BTW, events @ Autumn Ring in GT:  https://gran-turismo.fandom.com/wiki/Autumn_Ring#GT1

Maybe we could try and align with one of these when we finally get done playing with these TCL cars (not complaining, these things are great!)

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
3/25/21 3:10 p.m.

These might be a good way to get ideas for race events.  Especially if we want to try a GT inspired race.

02Pilot
02Pilot UberDork
3/25/21 4:02 p.m.

Here's another quickie for those who prefer color.

dean1484
3/25/21 4:35 p.m.

In reply to 02Pilot :

Is that me in the Merc?  

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
3/25/21 5:37 p.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

yeah, you in the Merc, Sauce in Alfa, Me in the Ford

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
3/25/21 7:14 p.m.

Here is a short vid of some, uhm, incidents:

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
3/25/21 7:19 p.m.

Here are some pics.  Honeslty, not quite as good a place for pics as Watkins:

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
3/25/21 9:12 p.m.

I hopped on tonight and it took me a few tries, but I finally made a successful pit stop!

dean1484
3/25/21 9:22 p.m.

In reply to ProDarwin :

What were u doing wrong?  

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
3/25/21 9:24 p.m.

Everything?

So in game last night I definitely pit on the wrong lap.

But on topof that I think I accidentally used preset 2 or 3, and if they don't have any fuel to add or tires to change, they don't count as a stop.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
3/25/21 9:45 p.m.

So has anyone noticed the "void" @ Sebring?  I kept thinking my video card was screwing up as it would flash black for ~1 frame each lap in the same spot.  I finally stopped and crawled through that area really slow.  There is a spot where all of the landscape/textures/lighting disappears for a split second.  Maybe about 8 feet long.  

If you are using a high ext. camera, its not there.

Whats weird is there is no engine sound in the void, except the off throttle decel.

In the void:

A couple feet later:

dean1484
3/26/21 6:28 a.m.

I never noticed that!!

02Pilot
02Pilot UberDork
3/26/21 8:04 a.m.

Me neither.

02Pilot
02Pilot UberDork
3/26/21 8:58 a.m.

kingbeann
kingbeann New Reader
3/26/21 9:17 a.m.
aircooled said:

Here is a short vid of some, uhm, incidents:

(vid removed in quote)

as the driver of the Mustang as well as the helicoptering 510, I'm learning I really need to work on defensive positioning!

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
3/26/21 9:18 a.m.

That helicoptering 510 was super impressive.  I was driving the Fairlane which was thrown over a lane or so as a result, but I had zero idea what happened.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
3/26/21 11:16 a.m.

Yeah, that Mustang got Abused!  I probably should have got the shot of the Mini hip checking the Fairlane, which was quite funny.   I will have to take a look at that again, it might make a great gif.  Some sort of "don't let size limit your possibilities" kind fo thing.

I really liked my massive drift entry for the first scene!... which of course resulted in me running into the dirt... which resulted in me coming back on the track... which resulted in a bit of a left turn as I went over the curb... which resulted in running into the 510... which resulted in the massive CF crashing...

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
3/26/21 2:11 p.m.

OK, I couldn't resist.  Here is another short one:

1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 160

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5SvTaAJgBfhHLsEcwGICoZWwuVcmgMMljW9MrpjpfXKT9WzjiXSnH4d8s6iDxm3M