CLNSC3
CLNSC3 Reader
3/24/12 5:59 a.m.

Not sure if you all have seen this before. But I got a chance to ride one a couple of months ago and loved it! Basically its a suzuki S40 converted to a cafe bike. The 650cc engine remains, forks and tank are cut down. And body work modified. You can also choose to run a chain or belt. Rather than buy an old school cafe I personally would prefer this modern version.

The owner said it took him only a few days to build, and cost him very little. You can get a donar s40 for $2-3000...and the kit isn't outrages either.

Check out some pics of these things....I cannot begin to explain how much more awesome they look in person...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

minimac
minimac SuperDork
3/24/12 6:19 a.m.

Not a bad looking bike! Reminds me more of a flat tracker, though, without the front fender. Needs one of those shorty fairings up front and could pass for my old Beezer Victor. Pretty cool kit, though, and a great idea.

CLNSC3
CLNSC3 Reader
3/24/12 7:15 a.m.
minimac wrote: Not a bad looking bike! Reminds me more of a flat tracker, though, without the front fender. Needs one of those shorty fairings up front and could pass for my old Beezer Victor. Pretty cool kit, though, and a great idea.

It looks 100x better in person. I really didnt fall in love until I saw one in front of my own eyes! Might be buying a stock s40 for my girl to learn on, then converting it when she is ready to upgrade...

stroker
stroker HalfDork
3/24/12 6:29 p.m.

That's a nice bit o' kit, there...

Appleseed
Appleseed PowerDork
3/24/12 11:17 p.m.

I've had a hard on for these for some time now.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UberDork
3/25/12 8:54 a.m.

I had to look for a bit, but it was discussed here a couple years ago: http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/sprockets/one-for-carkid/28201/page1/ It's a neat looking bike; when the Suzuki Savage first came out years ago I remember thinking it would look better as a cafe racer.

CLNSC3
CLNSC3 Reader
3/27/12 10:38 a.m.
stuart in mn wrote: I had to look for a bit, but it was discussed here a couple years ago: http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/sprockets/one-for-carkid/28201/page1/ It's a neat looking bike; when the Suzuki Savage first came out years ago I remember thinking it would look better as a cafe racer.

The S40 looks surprisingly good with only clip on bars as well!

44Dwarf
44Dwarf Dork
3/27/12 11:38 a.m.

I've got a nice stock 2007 S40 with 4100 miles on it in pearl white for $2700. Wifes old bike but she wants my C50 so i got the st4 now we need to move her s40 out the door. The only thing not stock on it is a set of Bars, have the OEM bars but felt they were to narrow so got same bend just 4 inches wider.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UqKFlYkQo94mkxn8GLNBDfZGN00OnIfUk9UvgSZOo1mo86NwfnPubIFSBI64rc18