foxtrapper
foxtrapper UltimaDork
7/17/16 8:01 a.m.

BILL' SEPIC EATS

Now I know that's not what he meant. But due to letter spacing, that's exactly how it reads. At first glance, second, and maybe third.

Then you stare and think, and realize it's actually...

BILL'S EPIC EATS

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
7/17/16 8:53 a.m.

Since this is in the Sprockets section, I'm reminded of a sign I've seen locally that says, "We Rent Harley's". Every time I see it I wonder who is Harley and what is it that he's renting.

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/18/16 8:52 a.m.
stuart in mn wrote: Since this is in the Sprockets section, I'm reminded of a sign I've seen locally that says, "We Rent Harley's". Every time I see it I wonder who is Harley and what is it that he's renting.

Do they rent Davidson's too?

foxtrapper
foxtrapper UltimaDork
7/18/16 3:38 p.m.

Huh, this sure isn't where I meant to post this.

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/18/16 3:48 p.m.
foxtrapper wrote: Huh, this sure isn't where I meant to post this.

Muphry's Law?

etifosi
etifosi Dork
7/18/16 4:17 p.m.

Kylini
Kylini HalfDork
7/18/16 5:20 p.m.

The proper term is kerning. Once you know to look for it, you'll hate signage. Everywhere.

akamcfly
akamcfly Dork
7/18/16 6:45 p.m.

Lived across the street from a place called "Pure Glass Inc" or something like that. Their vans had sliding doors.

minimac
minimac SuperDork
7/18/16 10:35 p.m.

Sort of related. The sign welcoming visitors leaving the airport reads "SRYACUSE". Apparently the state sign maker never heard of spell check. Nor did the powers that be in SYRACUSE!

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2016/07/state_dot_replaces_misspelled_syracuse_airport_sign.html

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
7/19/16 10:19 a.m.
Kylini wrote: The proper term is kerning. Once you know to look for it, you'll hate signage. Everywhere.

Keming? Never heard of it.

Kylini
Kylini HalfDork
7/19/16 11:18 a.m.
dculberson wrote:
Kylini wrote: The proper term is kerning. Once you know to look for it, you'll hate signage. Everywhere.
Keming? Never heard of it.

Kylini
Kylini HalfDork
7/19/16 11:20 a.m.

Yuuuup.

Kylini
Kylini HalfDork
7/19/16 11:22 a.m.

Here are two routine "bad kerning" examples that aren't funny, just terrible.

Now you know!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
twdmjIbIlhPQuw0SMFYs78VIbn602C6l9LX8Voze3fbyRmWR8BWl9LnlgZlM2erC