slantsix
slantsix New Reader
12/2/19 1:49 p.m.

What is the best method to clean all of the nasty stuff and glitter out of the Suction and pressure AN hoses after an engine failure?

I have a parts washer and have flushed the parts with mineral spirits and then rinsed with hot water.

Is there a better way?

Thanks,

Greg

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/2/19 1:51 p.m.

No clue but the first thing that comes to mind is gun cleaning brushes and solvent?

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/2/19 2:04 p.m.

New hoses

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/2/19 2:06 p.m.
RacetruckRon said:

New hoses

I'm with you. They're not THAT expensive. Nowhere near as expensive as the engine they'll be feeding.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
12/2/19 2:20 p.m.

We shoot foam pellets through new hydraulic hoses after we make them.  We cap one end and fill with filtered mineral spirits and cap the other end.   Shake and pour through a paper filter and inspect/weigh the filter and inspect via microscope.  This is done on a few only to validate our process.  

I agree though to look at new ones.  

bentwrench
bentwrench SuperDork
12/2/19 2:23 p.m.

Realistically I'd only replace the clean oil hose from the filter to the motor and any other hoses after the filter.

And flush the others.

The filter should catch anything trapped in the other hoses.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/2/19 2:41 p.m.

They aren't that expensive.

Clean the ends and buy new hose and reuse the ends?

OFracing
OFracing Reader
12/8/19 7:50 p.m.

New hoses and oil cooler as well unless you havs a $300 engine (and don't mind doing the swap again, soon).

Agree with reusing the ends but you'll never (cost effectivly any way) get all the fine metal particles out of the hoses and cooler.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
K45uSZPxsds9q3fvdvNfuCDqhhiTs3XMkriuhqnBeSB68eV1xVdAoHawL11PqOXV