1 2
svxsti
svxsti New Reader
5/31/15 9:38 a.m.
MCarp22 wrote:
svxsti wrote: .18 by my count, 40.3 vs 40.12.
Would you expect a gap like that every lap?

All depends on the driver ;) I like being the underdog.

svxsti
svxsti New Reader
5/31/15 9:42 a.m.
Swank Force One wrote:
svxsti wrote:
MCarp22 wrote:
svxsti wrote: When a budget all season tire keeps up with a dedicated track tire like the Stone's RE01R for half the price and twice the tread wear
I would argue that losing .7 sec on a 40 sec course is not an example of "keeping up with" anything.
.18 by my count, 40.3 vs 40.12.
Couple things: 1) That's the 912, not the 512. 2) On what planet is it valid to compare one tires slowest lap to another's fastest lap? 3) That big of a gap on a sub 40 second course is HUGE. 4) Consumer Reports SUCKS. 5) That was over a decade ago, and the RE01R wasn't exactly incredible back then. 6) Your other skidpad numbers don't matter. Different cars, different years, different weather, different drivers, etc etc etc. We get it, you like the 512. I like cheap round and black tires, too. Some other people clearly like the 512. Some of us hated those tires. That's the way it goes with ever tire. It's ok if some people disagree with you, you don't have to spend time reaching back through the dregs of the internet to find irrelevant data to somehow cement your opinion that you like the 512. Nobody is doubting that you like the 512.

I'm just very anal lol BTW the BFGs and Yokos were both tested in 2009 on a 2008 328i, and you will never see tirerack test an all season against a summer tire, I'm sure there's a wide margin for error.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YKpVHt2BW7sqPbaAIfHnZwUDsSHTNaSH4KyVljId4xZ4CRqboyl17VsyWT9Rk6FT