lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter)
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) Dork
1/15/24 7:54 p.m.

During the snowy cold winter, we all end up with a small puddle on the drivers side floor mat from our shoes and boots. Here in the northeast, it's a problem for several months straight. If you have "all-weather" mats, they hold a bunch of liquid and due to how they're constructed, its difficult to remove them when full of water. If you park outside, it freezes and the moisture inside the vehicle causes ice on the insides of the windows. Anyway, I discovered a cool little trick to get rid of the water without having to pull the mats every few days. Newspaper! Put a few sheets or a whole section flat on the floor. I was worried at first that it would get bunched up and possibly make its way under the pedals, but it hasn't happened to this point. I've done this 6 times so far this winter and it's amazing how just a few sheets soak up all of the liquid from my boots! At the end of the day, I simply pull the damp papers out and throw them away. It gets out 95%+ of the liquid and no more condensation on the inside of the Jeep windows. I keep one whole newspaper behind my seat and use it as needed. It really couldn't be any easier and the cost is zero! Give it a try and report back.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/15/24 9:17 p.m.

Good tip.

When I was a horseman, I constantly had wet feet. If you wad up newspaper and stuff it in your shoes, they'll be dry in the morning. 

A question though. Where do you get newspaper anymore? 

lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter)
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) Dork
1/15/24 9:46 p.m.

Any mini-market or convenience store would be more than happy to save a few days worth of papers for you. They just toss them the following day anyway.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9H1ivt4LiuLHqtMbZ5K5RX03Xww3BuoEBHNKwYJBB8I3FXwgfIdMpcMd42ZChNtM