1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 25
Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Intern
6/19/13 7:51 a.m.

We're on the road again, today we'll be stopping by Hoosier Tire and Tire Rack. Pictures soon!

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UberDork
6/19/13 8:00 a.m.
Woody wrote:
Tom Suddard wrote: Woohoo, we just got to Indiana!
I don't think anybody's ever said that before...

Only those who escape Ohio

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UberDork
6/19/13 8:02 a.m.
Tom Suddard wrote: We're on the road again, today we'll be stopping by Hoosier Tire and Tire Rack. Pictures soon!

I take it your heading up the West side of Mi then, no Detroit GTG. Stop by Silver lake and see the dunes.

How long are you going to be in Mi? Once your done at HAggerty you must drive up to Harbor springs, then take M119 up to cross village. HAve lunch at Legs inn, then hit the beach up at Sturgen bay in Wilderness state park.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
6/19/13 8:14 a.m.

Dunno about Ohio, but to me the most beautiful state is whichever one you see immediately after leaving Kansas.

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 HalfDork
6/19/13 8:38 a.m.
Curmudgeon wrote: Dunno about Ohio, but to me the most beautiful state is whichever one you see immediately after leaving Kansas.

Not necessarily true...if you're going west into Colorado, eastern Colorado is EXTREMELY boring. I guess knowing that it gets much better makes it seem ok.

06HHR
06HHR Reader
6/19/13 8:50 a.m.

I thought eastern Colorado was just western Kansas. Kind of like how northwest Florida is just South Georgia and Alabama..

pres589
pres589 SuperDork
6/19/13 8:54 a.m.

In reply to Curmudgeon:

There's some wonderful scenery and roads in KS but they're not that easily found. They're really isn't much like that happening in the western half of the state though.

alfadriver
alfadriver PowerDork
6/19/13 9:17 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote:
Tom Suddard wrote: We're on the road again, today we'll be stopping by Hoosier Tire and Tire Rack. Pictures soon!
I take it your heading up the West side of Mi then, no Detroit GTG. Stop by Silver lake and see the dunes. How long are you going to be in Mi? Once your done at HAggerty you must drive up to Harbor springs, then take M119 up to cross village. HAve lunch at Legs inn, then hit the beach up at Sturgen bay in Wilderness state park.

They mentioned having to be in Detroit/Dearborn tomorrow- meetings with the big companies, apparently.

I'm more wondering if they have a time window for a meet.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/19/13 9:40 a.m.
06HHR wrote: I thought eastern Colorado was just western Kansas. Kind of like how northwest Florida is just South Georgia and Alabama..

It's Colorado's dirty secret. A surprising amount of it is really Kansas and Nebraska under an assumed name.

JoeyM
JoeyM MegaDork
6/19/13 10:01 a.m.
Keith Tanner wrote:
06HHR wrote: I thought eastern Colorado was just western Kansas. Kind of like how northwest Florida is just South Georgia and Alabama..
It's Colorado's dirty secret. A surprising amount of it is really Kansas and Nebraska under an assumed name.

When I lived in the Denver area, Englewood tried to annex all of interstellar space.....it's only a matter of time before they succeed and Kansas/Nebraska become part of Colorado.

Tom Suddard
6/19/13 10:49 a.m.

Here are some more photos from yesterday/ the day before. I haven't had great cell service.

We found a cool Dam! And a monthman! And a lot of farms.

Tom Suddard
6/19/13 10:52 a.m.

We also stopped at our fair share of unhealthy "restaurants."

Tom Suddard
6/19/13 10:56 a.m.

So, I was all ready to take pictures of every aspect of Hoosier's plant, but sadly we weren't allowed to bring cameras. I do have these, though.

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
6/19/13 11:01 a.m.
Tom Suddard wrote: Here are some more photos from yesterday/ the day before. I haven't had great cell service. We found a cool Dam! And a monthman! And a lot of farms.

Well I'll be damned. Where was the Dam?

mazdeuce
mazdeuce Dork
6/19/13 11:03 a.m.

Tell me you at least made a Hoosier daddy joke. You were at Hoosier with your dad, how could you not?

Tom Suddard
6/19/13 11:29 a.m.

And we're at Tire Rack!

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/19/13 11:35 a.m.

So jealous. I want my own test track.

You can really see the difference those spring rubbers made on the rear. Holy negative camber Mothman!

ArthurDent
ArthurDent HalfDork
6/19/13 11:38 a.m.

So did you take the Benz to the track?

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UberDork
6/19/13 12:00 p.m.
ArthurDent wrote: So did you take the Benz to the track?

yea, on some cool freebie Hoosier slicks?

Grtechguy
Grtechguy UltimaDork
6/19/13 12:28 p.m.

What way are you coming through Michigan?

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/19/13 12:58 p.m.
Tom Suddard wrote: And we're at Tire Rack!

Skid pad! Skid pad! Skid pad! what kind of numbers would that Benz get?

Tom Suddard
6/19/13 1:59 p.m.

Sorry, we were short on time and didn't get a chance to take our Benz on track. Well, we also didn't want to risk breaking anything.

We're on I-80 east now, after taking a final goodbye picture at The Tire Rack.

Tom Suddard
6/19/13 2:04 p.m.
alfadriver wrote:
Adrian_Thompson wrote:
I take it your heading up the West side of Mi then, no Detroit GTG. Stop by Silver lake and see the dunes. How long are you going to be in Mi? Once your done at HAggerty you must drive up to Harbor springs, then take M119 up to cross village. HAve lunch at Legs inn, then hit the beach up at Sturgen bay in Wilderness state park.
They mentioned having to be in Detroit/Dearborn tomorrow- meetings with the big companies, apparently. I'm more wondering if they have a time window for a meet.

Yeah, I don't think this is going to materialize. All parties involved seem to be real short on time.

Edit: we're in!

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/19/13 2:24 p.m.

OK, so here's what i've got re. Thursday night car-related gathering --

There's a place in Romulus MI called Blue Sky Burgers & Ice Cream, at 15155 Huron Drive. their Thursday night show draws about 150 cars and trucks, and their food is supposed to be good. this is about a 20- to 30-minute drive from Dearborn, depending on the starting point.

if that's not to your liking, the next option would be to continue West on I-94 about another 20 minutes to Depot Town in Ypsilanti MI. probably can't go wrong with this one, but it may be farther than you care to drive.

EDIT: Dang, i need to type faster. i started this post before Tom dropped the bomb.

So, who wants to get together anyway?

alfadriver
alfadriver PowerDork
6/19/13 2:47 p.m.

In reply to Tom Suddard:

So if not SE MI, then were are you guys heading? Or are you coming here, meet and run?

Going up the east coast of Lake Michigan to Traverse City would be pretty darned nice.

1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 25

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wW4QS0ShzahffB57V3Ja5QLptL6Jm820Fa8citQmvOnE3FtSDi28z8P3iY41pJkO