1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 25
Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Intern
6/20/13 11:49 a.m.

We had surprisingly good turnout, especially considering 5 minutes of notice.

[PHOTO REDACTED] Ford's newest engine, the wireboost!

They have large trains here....

mtn
mtn UltimaDork
6/20/13 11:50 a.m.

Is that John Li?

Tom Suddard
6/20/13 11:54 a.m.

Yes, yes it is!

mtn
mtn UltimaDork
6/20/13 11:55 a.m.

I think that my first ever drive in a Miata was in his. Super nice guy.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/20/13 12:03 p.m.

Missing my old job at Ford right about now.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 PowerDork
6/20/13 12:08 p.m.

Will there be a GRM exclusive...a look at the new Mustang?

alfadriver
alfadriver PowerDork
6/20/13 12:09 p.m.

(adrian took you to the parts store, I just called someone for a close one)

alfadriver
alfadriver PowerDork
6/20/13 12:10 p.m.
Tom_Spangler wrote: Missing my old job at Ford right about now.

We missed you, too. Your ears should be ringing, since Adrian and I taked some...

alfadriver
alfadriver PowerDork
6/20/13 12:14 p.m.

Oh, more important- the Mercedes is as clean as you see it in the pictures. Even with the problems they've had, and the engine needing work (and adding a lot of rust protectant/ thread break), the car is just great to see up close.

the only thing that was nasty- the emissions. I followed Tom around the parking lot a little, and if I lost him, all I had to do is follow the stink. I so appreciate my job.

Spangler- you know we are not supposed to have cameras. So you will have to let Tom's pictures stand for now.

Anyway, those who make it to Romulus, you are going to like the car quite a lot. And want a car that does similar things. John Li wants a car like that... I suggest strarting in the A's and going down, so Alfabb.com...

Tom Suddard
6/20/13 12:19 p.m.

Seriously?!

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/20/13 12:22 p.m.

FYI Tom: Photobucket's hot links don't show up on Firefox or IE right now. I have to right-click your stuff and do a google search by image just to see them. Try switching to imageshack or Billy-Bob's Interwebz Pictar Hoosting Site. Thanks!

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/20/13 12:26 p.m.

The Challenger at the Henry Ford as the most Bad Ass thing ever to run on steam. I could stare at it for an hour and still find new stuff I hadn't seen before. Can't imagine rolling along at 80mph in that thing!

What time is the Romulus meeting?

bastomatic
bastomatic SuperDork
6/20/13 12:39 p.m.

I can probably make the trek down to Romulus depending on the time.

Interesting fact: there is a photo of my wife on display in the Henry Ford museum, right in front of the 80s Accord.

Wish I could find a period correct baby seat for my car. It would be hilarious for cruise nights.

Tom_Spangler
6/20/13 12:40 p.m.
alfadriver wrote: Spangler- you know we are not supposed to have cameras. So you will have to let Tom's pictures stand for now.

Yeah, I was there when someone leaked the pics of the 2010 Taurus online and the camera ban took effect. But I wasn't going to let you guys go without taking a shot.

BTW, Tom's pics are working fine for me on Chrome.

Brokeback
Brokeback New Reader
6/20/13 12:49 p.m.

Tom's pics work fine on IE and firefox for me, at work and at home.

Loving the pics, I need to take a vacation soon and do something similar...but its 110 in AZ for the next 3 months so that probably won't happen!

Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
6/20/13 12:58 p.m.

In reply to Brokeback:

Pics work here as well, and the firewall here at work blocks a lot of photo hosting sites.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UberDork
6/20/13 2:02 p.m.

Wonderful family, great to meet you all briefly. My vote for hero (opps heroin) of the trip goes to Katie, she’s from the same DNA but missed the ‘petrol head’ gene and is just tolerant of the whole ‘car’ thing. I really felt for her as I gave them a ride from the hotel to The Henry Ford. The issue is the C30 interior is half out as I’m in the middle of running power to the back for trailer lights. So Kati had to sit on the bare floor pan as there’s no back seat. She was kind enough to say it wasn’t that bad after being in the back of the Mercedes for the preceding 1,500 miles! Tim, Margie, you owe that girl!

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/20/13 2:59 p.m.

In reply to bastomatic:

i'm going to try to be there by 6. the suddards are targeting somewhere between 6 and 7. if i have my kids with me, i'll have to split by about 8:30.

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
6/20/13 3:18 p.m.
Tom Suddard wrote: Seriously?!

Beats the E36 M3 out of riding in the luggage tray in the vette. Kids these days.

Tom_Spangler
6/20/13 3:24 p.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote: Wonderful family, great to meet you all briefly. My vote for hero (opps heroin) of the trip goes to Katie, she’s from the same DNA but missed the ‘petrol head’ gene and is just tolerant of the whole ‘car’ thing. I really felt for her as I gave them a ride from the hotel to The Henry Ford. The issue is the C30 interior is half out as I’m in the middle of running power to the back for trailer lights. So Kati had to sit on the bare floor pan as there’s no back seat. She was kind enough to say it wasn’t that bad after being in the back of the Mercedes for the preceding 1,500 miles! Tim, Margie, you owe that girl!

I try not to correct your spelling too often as I know how pedantic that is, but I must point out that it's "heroine". That "e" changes the meaning significantly!

carguy123
carguy123 UltimaDork
6/20/13 3:56 p.m.
Ian F wrote: In reply to Brokeback: Pics work here as well, and the firewall here at work blocks a lot of photo hosting sites.

I'm hoping that everyone having to work around the pic hosting sites and the hoops the Suddard's have to go through to post on the fly will make GRM reconsider the not hosting the pics themselves.

Not only will it speed loading up, bypass filters & minimize the hassles loading, it will ensure we have complete threads as time goes on and people move, pic hosting sites go under or people delete their pics.

It's time to join the new century.

alfadriver
alfadriver PowerDork
6/20/13 4:03 p.m.

Hmmm.. meet with the family Suddard, get current GRM same day.

interesting co-indidence....

And it's the Old School issue when they had an old school Mercedes...

things that make you go hmm.

Have a great rest of the trip- it will be half way done in a couple of days.

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
6/20/13 4:09 p.m.

We had a great day today. Really enjoyed the meet-up with Eric, John and Adrian, and thanks to Eric and Adrian for getting us to/in the Henry Ford Museum. We're heading over to the burger place in a few to see Patrick and check out that car show. And yes, Katie is a good sport. Both our kids are awesome, if I'm not tempting fate too much to say so...

Margie

Tom Suddard
6/20/13 4:14 p.m.

Time for pictures!

Tom Suddard
6/20/13 4:15 p.m.

I actually took fewer pictures than I expected to take; I spent too much time gawking at all the cool stuff!

1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 25

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZlDYOiWQAAsQq2kE0RtslGWBK9Auva4482lbeNxZECBVy8RiOycY4SeXZb7WoOYK