1 2 3
Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/13/24 3:30 p.m.

In reply to nsxmr2elises2000 :

You never tell me you're coming through town! ;)

nsxmr2elises2000
nsxmr2elises2000 PowerDork
3/13/24 3:49 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

Last two times I stayed at Skip Cannons house with my Miata/Lotus

We watched the planes take off while he made breakfast

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/14/24 10:46 a.m.

Got going early this morning. First flight into vegas was non eventful and now other than almost trying to board the wrong flight to burbank all is good.

Seriously SWA you put 2 flights to burbank at neighboring gates leaving 30 minutes apart? Oh well. Next flight will end with being picked up in the new ride.

nsxmr2elises2000
3/14/24 10:55 a.m.

ready 

Keith Tanner
3/14/24 10:59 a.m.
bmw88rider said:

Got going early this morning. First flight into vegas was non eventful and now other than almost trying to board the wrong flight to burbank all is good.

Seriously SWA you put 2 flights to burbank at neighboring gates leaving 30 minutes apart? Oh well. Next flight will end with being picked up in the new ride.

Air Canada has two flights that leave Denver every day. Because they don't really have a big presence at the airport and they borrow Lufthansa staff for them, they schedule them both at the same time at a shared gate. Toronto to one side, Montreal to the other. Don't get them mixed up!

Keith Tanner
3/14/24 11:00 a.m.
nsxmr2elises2000 said:

ready 

After all the stories of this car, I'm amazed that key has been used enough without a key cozy to wear the logo down.

Keith Tanner
3/14/24 11:01 a.m.
nsxmr2elises2000 said:

Last two times I stayed at Skip Cannons house with my Miata/Lotus

We watched the planes take off while he made breakfast

Skip's place is on the other side of the continental divide :) But let me know next time you come through Grand Junction.

nsxmr2elises2000
3/14/24 11:20 a.m.

will do. i am making a lax  to dallas nsx plan for NSXPO this year

When its in CO - will def stop by. 

I have a land cruiser event in Telluride this year but schedule is super tight

any wear marks on key is my usage in 13,000 miles 

bmw88rider
3/14/24 12:57 p.m.

So I just landed in california...... But at the wrong airport.

The winds were pretty heavy, they couldn't land at burbank. So we are sitting on the tarmac at ontario. So we will see what happens from here. I don't think I'll get to the petersen at this rate. Boooo 

Keith Tanner
3/14/24 1:00 p.m.

You'll want to check the weather in the mountains as well, there's a storm coming through. Of course :)

bmw88rider
3/14/24 1:11 p.m.

Yeah saw that Keith.

I will be watching closely. May end up going the southern route after all.

nsxmr2elises2000
3/14/24 1:22 p.m.

washed and vacuumed for new owner. 

bmw88rider
3/14/24 2:35 p.m.

So interesting day. The winds are so bad most flights into burbank are cancelled so in my second uber of the day to go meet my car. 

Got a text on the way that there was wind damage at one of nsxelisemr2s2000 houses so we are swinging by there after the pick-up.

Chaos has entered the building.

On the flip side, the cars out on a random thursday are top notch. 3 ole school dune buggies, cool 64 impala, and a trailer full of 30s shells looking to be the next custom car.

nsxmr2elises2000
3/14/24 7:22 p.m.

crazy day 

evo is gone

buyer didnt change his mind even after test drive 

even redlined the car and changes the stereo crying

stock evo no more 

nobody died - tree fell

crazyiness 

nice seeing old friend mike again

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/14/24 7:41 p.m.

That's a big tree. Hope nobody was hurt. Congrats on the new car!

Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
3/14/24 7:46 p.m.

I wanna do a cool Evo fly and drive.......oh, wait; 2 more semesters to pay for.......

bmw88rider
3/14/24 9:00 p.m.

Luckily no one got hurt with the tree.

The stereo is installed for some blue tooth connectivity on the way home. Too long for no tunes especially in the west. 

Great seeing Ryan. Had a great day hanging out with him and his wife. Also enjoyed some great thai food for lunch. 

DasAuto
DasAuto GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/14/24 11:59 p.m.

In reply to nsxmr2elises2000 :

My goodness!!! So glad nobody was hurt!

nsxmr2elises2000
3/15/24 10:37 a.m.

In reply to DasAuto :

Defintely lucky. Time for insurance to deal with stuff. 

----------

On to happier news. Car #2 sold to bmw88rider went as  expected. Easy peasy.  Honestly he is a brother to me more than a friend. True gentleman, all around car guy, and great travel stories - so we have tons in common. Had a great time hanging with him, great lunch. He was very patient with the emergency I had with the tree etc, and I certainly appreciate that. 

He is just better looking, richer, and has more women. None of the things I can control in my life. Now he took a fun car of mine as well! Some guys have all the luck.devil

The car went to a great home where it will be cherished. yes

He is 1 our outside of Vegas. Car is running great. 

Safe journey my friend. Till next time. heart

Keith Tanner
3/15/24 11:01 a.m.

The (very good) UDOT traffic app shows mostly clear roads, with just the highest sections having the potential for wet/slush even as you walk through the forecast. I70 through CO looks wet until Vail, then it's icy.

golfduke
golfduke Dork
3/15/24 12:02 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:

The (very good) UDOT traffic app shows mostly clear roads, with just the highest sections having the potential for wet/slush even as you walk through the forecast. I70 through CO looks wet until Vail, then it's icy.

UDOT is amazing... We use it any time we go from Denver to Wolf Creek, just to see whether we go via aspen or pueblo. 

bmw88rider
3/15/24 12:48 p.m.

Hit the road early this morning as a couple of fellow mitsu friends were able to meet for breakfast. Had a great time catching up. They left their toys at home because of the weather but still a great time.

I think the former owner must be feeling pain today for unknown to him reasons. It's been raining for a while now and all the way through vegas. About to hit the road here in 30 or so and then off to zion area. About 2.5 hours overall left today. May look and see about going a little further than planned. We will see on if it's still raining bad there.

84FSP
84FSP UberDork
3/15/24 5:32 p.m.

That Evo is THE SEX.  Carryon and safe travels.

nsxmr2elises2000
3/16/24 10:20 a.m.

In reply to 84FSP :

more like MMF orgy 

bmw88rider
3/16/24 9:15 p.m.

So I am classifying this trip as a fail.

Visit the petersen: fail

Avoid weather: fail

Not brown streaking the seat as I am sliding down the interstate: fail

So the evo and I had bonding moment today. So I passed up zion yesterday as it was raining and a mess so I wasn't going to hike or anything in the wet red sand with it 45 degrees and raining and stopped in richfield, UT for the night. Work up to some rain and totally forgot I had 2 passes to get over to get to colorado as It's been a few years since I went this way. Well get going down the highway past the last ext for a while and bam.....snow. and not just a little...near blizard conditions with the wind. The highway was a royal mess and I am deep into it. I can only go 30-40 mph max. It's like this to almost green river. Going down one of the grades, the rear comes out and just hangs out there. The brakes were useless. I was approaching a curve and just thinking well if I die than at least it's doing something I love and in an evo.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
osobPUnItY6wGBiZfw3XsLb7TcYttZH6nJsrkkMVjdMy5tvYev3P2lHlZ4OPNCn0