artrageous
artrageous New Reader
7/16/24 4:11 p.m.

Hello, I'm looking at purchasing a used International Heavy Duty Truck for my business. I know the basics, but can anyone confirm that this unit looks like a good deal? Thanks in advance! https://www.summitmotorsltd.com/used-trucks/2010-international-4300

A 401 CJ
A 401 CJ GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/30/24 1:13 p.m.

I hope that's CDN because that seems a steep ask in USD.  And I'm not sure from the ad which Maxxforce it has.  If I'm not mistaken the 6.4L Maxx is very hard to get parts for.

buzzboy
buzzboy UltraDork
7/30/24 6:01 p.m.

It says it's a Maxxforce DT which is that era of DT466 7.4L.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
8/7/24 8:17 a.m.

Smells like canoe

No Time
No Time UberDork
8/7/24 8:59 a.m.
dculberson said:

Smells like canoe

I'm sure the post has generated plenty of clicks. 

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/7/24 10:57 p.m.

OP is a marketing agency in Canada. Probably posting here to generate clicks that they can then show to the truck lot as evidence of their unparalleled ability to generate...clicks.

Regrettably, this is not the Overpriced Rustbelt Automatic Foreign Country Dumptrucksports forum.

whiskey_business
whiskey_business GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/13/24 10:33 a.m.

In reply to artrageous :

This is an absolutely insane coincidence but I am actually listing my personal 2002 International 4300 truck this week.

DT466E Pre-Emissions, 6 Speed Eaton-Fuller Manual, Air Brakes, 33K GVWR. Currently has a flat bed with headache rack/rollbar on it.

Located in Southfield, MI.

If you're interested, respond here and I'll DM you. 

whiskey_business
whiskey_business GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/13/24 10:34 a.m.

In reply to DarkMonohue :

Ope, I responded before going far enough down in the listing lol.

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
9/20/24 12:08 a.m.
buzzboy said:

It says it's a Maxxforce DT which is that era of DT466 7.4L.

I've never heard a DT466 called anything but the , well, DT466. But I've been out of the MD trucks for years now, and my "newest" was a 99 with the Kitty Cat 3126 (later called the C7)

I thought the Max Force was the 6.4, to separate IH from the Powerstroke name? (For obvious reasons)

I can neither confirm nor deny the accuracy of "I thought" blush

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
G1LscULhzBwW7lByQfoNA3OiSltRS36xOhIQvOSDBdgYf6fxwvmD2dGm5qJyL8ak