1 2
wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
8/15/23 2:08 p.m.

I am selling a bunch of stuff to go after a grail car, down to a few bikes and just the 550 spyder and thunderbird. Will still commute on the bikes. Need something for home depot runs, pulling the bikes and 550 to the track. Been looking at single cabs as I love the stupid things. 

How far back tdo I need to look for a V8 single cab/short bed. I know ford did it in the 99-2004ish F150's. I see them on the street every now and then so I know I am going to have to travel to get one but trying to limit my search functions. 

bigeyedfish
bigeyedfish Reader
8/15/23 4:11 p.m.

Dodge was definitely doing it during that same timeframe.

I'm not positive, but I think Chevy had the option available on their website within the last couple years.  I've never seen one of them in person, so who knows if they ever actually sold any.

Puddy46
Puddy46 Reader
8/15/23 4:14 p.m.

Ford makes them still today.  They do the XLT trim as well, so if you want something that didn't come off the work site, you can.  There's at least a few brand new ones at dealerships in my area, so they actually exist, not just Build and Price anomalies.  

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltimaDork
8/15/23 4:38 p.m.
Puddy46 said:

Ford makes them still today.  They do the XLT trim as well, so if you want something that didn't come off the work site, you can.  There's at least a few brand new ones at dealerships in my area, so they actually exist, not just Build and Price anomalies.  

This 

When I was looking and came across my Miata, a local Ford dealership had an entire row of the things.

But why would you want a V8 when you can go ecoboost?

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
8/15/23 5:12 p.m.
Mr_Asa said:
Puddy46 said:

This 

When I was looking and came across my Miata, a local Ford dealership had an entire row of the things.

Because the coyote v8+supercharger=maximum hilarity. 

Puddy46
Puddy46 Reader
8/15/23 5:55 p.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

For some weird reason, the RCSBs only get the 2.7L EcoBoost, but not the full 3.5L EcoBoost.  So the 5.0L V8 is the spiciest option.

The only way you could get the 3.5L EcoBoost in the RCSB is to get a 2014 Tremor.  

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
8/15/23 8:34 p.m.

Yeah plan is to get a 5.0 and supercharge a basic truck. i want short because that is what I grew up with. I found a F250 2014 that someone had shortened the bed to 6.5 on craigslist but no idea of the build quality. I would totally do a single cab F350 5.0 4x4 as well if I could get a shorty. 

C8 is at the dealership now getting an old change and its sold to a dealer friend of mine, sold the Baja bug last weekend, sold the Ducati pickup on Friday, Deposit but no full sale on the 64 Vette. I have a offer on the 42 Harley as well but might not need to do it to get the ball rolling. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/15/23 11:13 p.m.

A supercharged long bed in fleet white would be a total sleeper.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/16/23 12:13 a.m.

I think it was a long bed, but I was next to a V8 GMT800 single cab work truck (tire service) with a manual transmission in traffic yesterday. It had to have some version of an LS in it.

I suppose it had an NV3500 (half ton truck), hardly a performance transmission, but it got me thinking. 

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
8/18/23 12:14 a.m.

Certified 2020 Ford F350 XL w/ STX Appearance Package

Other then the lack of power windows this hits a lot of the wants and its reasonably local. but 40ish thousand for a used XL with the STX package and no 7.3 makes ordering one custom I think the best way forward if I could get a X plan or something similiar. 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/18/23 12:36 a.m.

With that oversized bluff nose and the compact body, it kinda looks like a French bulldog. 

Toyota made a shorty Tundra until 2018 or so. They're amusing. 

secretariata (Forum Supporter)
secretariata (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/18/23 7:26 a.m.

In reply to wearymicrobe :

Join the Mustang Club of America for $35. Wait 90 days & request your X plan number. Don't have to own a Mustang to join.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/18/23 7:45 a.m.
Keith Tanner said:

With that oversized bluff nose and the compact body, it kinda looks like a French bulldog. 

That looks awesome

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/18/23 7:57 a.m.
Mndsm said:
Mr_Asa said:
Puddy46 said:

This 

Because the coyote v8+supercharger+short bed short cab truck=maximum hilarity. 

gsettle
gsettle New Reader
8/18/23 8:00 a.m.
yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/18/23 9:25 a.m.
wearymicrobe said:

Yeah plan is to get a 5.0 and supercharge a basic truck. i want short because that is what I grew up with. I found a F250 2014 that someone had shortened the bed to 6.5 on craigslist but no idea of the build quality. I would totally do a single cab F350 5.0 4x4 as well if I could get a shorty. 

If it's a f250 or f350 then it'll have the 6.2 v8 as the gas v8 base engine. Once the 7.3 came out the options were 6.2 and 7.3, I'm unsure rcsb were able to have the 6.7 diesel. 

gsettle
gsettle New Reader
8/18/23 9:29 a.m.
yupididit said:
wearymicrobe said:

If it's a f250 or f350 then it'll have the 6.2 v8 as the gas v8 base engine. Once the 7.3 came out the options were 6.2 and 7.3, I'm unsure rcsb were able to have the 6.7 diesel. 

I have never seen a 1 ton truck with regular (2 doors) cab and a short (~6ish ft.) bed.

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/18/23 11:40 a.m.

In reply to gsettle :

I should say regular bed vs short. Cause some have a regular bed then some have a long bed. 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/18/23 12:42 p.m.
OHSCrifle said:
Keith Tanner said:

That looks awesome

It's actually a Toyota press car with a bunch of TRD bolt-ons. 0-60 in 4.4.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/18/23 8:19 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:
OHSCrifle said:
Keith Tanner said:

That looks awesome

It's actually a Toyota press car with a bunch of TRD bolt-ons. 0-60 in 4.4.

I'll admit to searching nationwide.. not many at all.

No Time
No Time UltraDork
8/18/23 10:07 p.m.

It looks like there are some new regular cab short bed F150 with 5.0 out there. 

The white one

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
8/19/23 12:19 a.m.

I did find a few of them used as well, the dealers and the owners are asking well above MSRP.Looking at a lightly used F250 gas XL tomorrow that is a decent deal at least in todays time. 

Found this on FBM but has 300K miles a bad title. 

Product photo of 2008 Ford F250 Super Duty Regular Cab · XL Pickup 2D 8 ft

84FSP
84FSP UberDork
8/19/23 7:47 a.m.
Mndsm said:
Mr_Asa said:
Puddy46 said:

This 

Because the coyote v8+supercharger=maximum hilarity. 

Take a look at the On3 twin turbo setup for the Yote f150.  The owner Chad has it on his short wide f150.  I believe he ran low 9's on the stock powertrain launching in 4wd with Hoosiers at each corner.  Got him kicked out of his own rental day at National Trails in Columbus OH.

Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
8/20/23 3:24 p.m.

Just sayin'...

2000 Lightning on C&B

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
8/21/23 12:11 p.m.
Rodan said:

Just sayin'...

2000 Lightning on C&B

That is my old lightning. I may actually buy that.

EDIT

Checked the vins its close but not my old truck. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OOxPZhS9vvO9CDn5iJijU1uwSXDc1szZDGbjQYgMMEnBvSncijxZ1LHWMbrFMor6