1 2
rob_lewis
rob_lewis UberDork
8/25/23 12:14 a.m.

You could get a GM regular cab short truck at least through 2014. I bought a new RCSB Sierra in Sept of 2014 with the 5.3 and tow package. I never tested 0-60 on it as it was a tow pig, but that sucker was quick.

-Rob

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
8/26/23 5:57 p.m.

New Clifford the big red truck. Not a short bed but has the 5.0 full fleet service history new tires, fully detailed and has the towing kit and the trailer package and all the goodies. No Bluetooth I think or power windows but that can get fixed easy. 

120k miles but it is the cleanest truck I have seen. You could eat out of the bed. Has the factory beeline and not a single scratch in the bed or interior. Seats are good. 

GCrites
GCrites Dork
10/22/23 9:52 p.m.
rob_lewis said:

You could get a GM regular cab short truck at least through 2014. I bought a new RCSB Sierra in Sept of 2014 with the 5.3 and tow package. I never tested 0-60 on it as it was a tow pig, but that sucker was quick.

-Rob

A buddy of mine has one and I got to drive it about a month ago. It was indeed quick. I was like, "I'd rather be in that lane now" and it went.

rdcyclist
rdcyclist GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/3/23 7:18 p.m.

Lotsa late model single cab shorty's around here in NorCal. Mostly Chebbies but there are the odd Fords. A lowered 08-14 Silverado is a good looking car/truck. Can't haul E36 M3 but sure looks cool...

Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter)
Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
11/3/23 8:12 p.m.

I just don't get short bed trucks. Especially if you need to haul motorcycles ... or anything.

A Mustang or Camaro will always be faster and handle better than a short bed truck with the same engine.

Why?

Multimodal
Multimodal GRM+ Memberand New Reader
11/4/23 8:44 p.m.

Looks like a Tonka truck.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/4/23 9:23 p.m.

In reply to Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) :

I totally get short bed trucks, but I don't get the regular cab love. Yes, they look cool, but I need a little more room inside for all the crap that I haul around and need to keep dry. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
csrB4l3pkLJYPZyayO3RzJo2keDji4UR8NO4JYV7Yckb1nRAhyaMJOdeBqFqrBvM