1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 2016
tuna55
tuna55 UltraDork
9/11/12 8:45 a.m.
HiTempguy wrote: Rule changes in racing suck. Deal with it.

You're so one sided, I can;t believe you would.....

..... ....

What is this, a rant thread or something?

hehehehe

N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
9/11/12 8:59 a.m.

You had two hours to get coverage yesterday, but couldn't and I had no problem working 16 hours. Seriously, not a problem. Now, you knew this meant I would also need coverage there next day as well. Not really a problem if you had tried and again failed to find relief. I'm a good hard worker. When you have a chance to utilize two days, fail to do so, and on that case fail to do your job properly you have failed me. I do my job, I know you have time to do yours. You've wasted 26 hours and essentially turned it into 8. Good job, douchbag.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer UltimaDork
9/11/12 1:34 p.m.

My minor rant.

Co-worker: "I'm going eat at my desk. I'm not here for my lunch"

Me: "OK"

An hour later...

Me: "I'm eating my lunch at my desk. Please take messages for me"

Co-worker: "No, it's not my responsibility. I'm not your secretary."

Um... what? So I do you a favor and watch your phones but you can't return the favor? Bafangool!!

corytate
corytate Dork
9/11/12 3:01 p.m.

I feel that Curmudgeon is contributing to my prematurely jaded attitude about the automotive industry=]

Dear service writers and manager,
If you're going to leave us to keep track of our parts bonus, at least tell us when we sell something. There have to be dozens of RO's we sell things on that they don't bother telling us about.
Also: If we're supposed to have a 20 minute turnaround on RO's, don't wait 15 minutes to hand the keys to the porter, who then takes ten minutes to drive the car around 250 feet and hand us the keys and the RO. Yeah, we get yelled at for that.
Also Also: Dear flat techs at work: Realize how awesome your situation is. You don't even have to clean up your own bays or take out your own trash. The hourly people (myself) do that for you. So quit bitching about how you get paid five dollars an hour more than me, have the opportunity to turn 60+ hrs a week, have a much better job, and have minions to drive the cars around and clean up after you. We don't wanna hear it. In fact, we may all end up quitting on the same day=]
Se how "worthless" the oil changers are then

OK, seeya in couple days doc

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/11/12 9:34 p.m.

Is the morning rush hour really the time to take three of our remaining working buses and decide they need to see Earl Schibe before they can go out? The people waiting for them can't even see the backs of them and if they did probably wouldn't care how dirty they are as long as they can get to work at some point.

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/12/12 12:15 a.m.

Okay Toyota, we get it. Your customers are idiots, we're all subjected to their idiocy on a daily basis. I don't need to be reminded of it while trying to watch TV:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKRiCsZfx4k

My IQ drops every time I watch that, mostly from rage induced aneurysms.

GAH!

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/12/12 6:12 a.m.
turboswede wrote: Okay Toyota, we get it. Your customers are idiots, we're all subjected to their idiocy on a daily basis. I don't need to be reminded of it while trying to watch TV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKRiCsZfx4k My IQ drops every time I watch that, mostly from rage induced aneurysms. GAH!

But...but... It has stuff us guys like.... Like the RiMZ yo!

My wife and I have been chuckling pretty hard at this commercial the last few days.

turboswede
9/12/12 8:29 a.m.
logdog wrote:
turboswede wrote: Okay Toyota, we get it. Your customers are idiots, we're all subjected to their idiocy on a daily basis. I don't need to be reminded of it while trying to watch TV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKRiCsZfx4k My IQ drops every time I watch that, mostly from rage induced aneurysms. GAH!
But...but... It has stuff us guys like.... Like the RiMZ yo! My wife and I have been chuckling pretty hard at this commercial the last few days.

We watch a bunch of Hulu, so they show this ad at every commercial break. Really makes me doubt the future of the human species. In the future, it won't be rich/poor as the class battle. It will intelligent/ignorant (there are plenty of intelligent people who are poor and vise verse, there are plenty of ignorant people who are rich, etc.)

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro SuperDork
9/12/12 9:42 a.m.

But.....

They're both in the car and SHE is driving?

That explains everything.

HiTempguy
HiTempguy SuperDork
9/12/12 10:05 a.m.
Trans_Maro wrote: But..... They're both in the car and SHE is driving? That explains everything.

Yep, you know a dude does not wear the pants in a relationship when...

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof UltraDork
9/12/12 10:06 a.m.

... he has one of those stupid beards?

HiTempguy
HiTempguy SuperDork
9/12/12 10:28 a.m.
Zomby Woof wrote: ... he has one of those stupid beards?

That too. But when his lady friend chauffeurs him around mainly.

turboswede
9/12/12 10:37 a.m.
HiTempguy wrote:
Trans_Maro wrote: But..... They're both in the car and SHE is driving? That explains everything.
Yep, you know a dude does not wear the pants in a relationship when...

Wow. Got a bit of the ol'lumberjack in there, eh? I'm sure you're ok though

Personally, I would prefer my wife drive more often. I'm constantly driving, to the point where it is causing me physical pain. I've told her repeatedly that I'd prefer she drive as I don't enjoy driving her car, I prefer driving mine. However, since my cars don't work right now, we have to carpool and that means dropping her off in the morning so I can go to work and then picking her up in the afternoon. That just means I have to get off my own ass to fix my cars, that isn't her problem, that is mine.

I will say though that the guy in the commercial does seem to be a bit of a tool, but not because he potentially shares the driving duties with his girl.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
9/12/12 10:37 a.m.

I would point out the obvious noting that he isn't wearing any pants...

aircooled
aircooled PowerDork
9/12/12 11:32 a.m.
Wally wrote: ...take three of our remaining working buses and decide they need to see Earl Schibe....

Effective July 16, 2010, Earl Scheib, Inc. has ceased operations nationwide. Each store is now independently owned and operated by a person unaffiliated with Earl Scheib, Inc. Based on this change, customer warranties of Earl Scheib, Inc. will no longer be able to be honored at these stores or by Earl Scheib, Inc. We truly apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you, however we believe the independent owners and operators will continue to provide the same great service that Earl Scheib, Inc. offered for almost 80 years.
Jay
Jay UltraDork
9/12/12 11:33 a.m.

Have I just stumbled off the internet into 1956 or what? Really guys?

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
9/12/12 11:37 a.m.
HiTempguy wrote:

Or because he is careless coming home from bars.

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof UltraDork
9/12/12 12:02 p.m.
Jay wrote: Have I just stumbled off the internet into 1956 or what? Really guys?

No. It's the new 2012. We're just going back to what worked so well.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UberDork
9/12/12 12:04 p.m.

Gotta love when they replace printers at work...

With ones that require ID cards to print...

Before the ID card changover is complete (so a bunch of people can't access the printers)

With no training on the printers whatsoever, so you can't even figure out how to send something to the printer.

But more than everything, gotta love spending tons and tons of money on new printers and ID cards, just to cut down on paper usage.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy SuperDork
9/12/12 1:47 p.m.

In reply to Apexcarver:

If ya can't access the printer, paper savings will be huge. Think like a pointy haired boss, man.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/12/12 11:20 p.m.
aircooled wrote:
Wally wrote: ...take three of our remaining working buses and decide they need to see Earl Schibe....
Effective July 16, 2010, Earl Scheib, Inc. has ceased operations nationwide. Each store is now independently owned and operated by a person unaffiliated with Earl Scheib, Inc. Based on this change, customer warranties of Earl Scheib, Inc. will no longer be able to be honored at these stores or by Earl Scheib, Inc. We truly apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you, however we believe the independent owners and operators will continue to provide the same great service that Earl Scheib, Inc. offered for almost 80 years.

Great, so I'm never going to get them back. We have a few managers who don't seem to realize the only reason we are here is to move people where they need to go. I can't believe that when we are trying to scrounge up a few of these antiques and drag another day of service from their tired carcasses that somone thinks they should be draging them out of service for cosmetic issues. If the faded paint bothers them that much write the numbers down on a napkin and have them done overnight or weekends, when the mechs. are here to do the work.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro SuperDork
9/12/12 11:52 p.m.
Jay wrote: Have I just stumbled off the internet into 1956 or what? Really guys?

No, you did fall off the turnip truck a while back, cuz you missed the meaning of the

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer UltimaDork
9/13/12 9:28 a.m.

Just because you post on the "forums" doesn't mean you are factory trained. Not directed at anyone here. Pointing at shiny people over on another site that email me, thinking they were on the factory line back in 1979 when their 2 valve, olive oil leaking 308 was built...

Racer1ab
Racer1ab HalfDork
9/13/12 9:39 a.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote:
HiTempguy wrote:
Or because he is careless coming home from bars.

Yeah, that's what folks around here assume if SWMBO is driving you around. Kinda funny.

chad
chad New Reader
9/13/12 10:05 a.m.

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/utcc-coverage/54510/page1/

thank you

1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 2016

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qqRa6fuKGxQrk32wwP0FgdhlBwCnQqRS6KKJMb9zUJQhY24jts4j5J8WZWh9zTvt