1 ... 967 968 969 970 971 ... 1931
mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/13/19 1:27 p.m.
stanger_missle said:
MrChaos said:

Lexus sells a luxury minivan in the Asian market. It makes sense, at least to me. But, my God, the styling. If you thought USDM Lexus products had a terrible corporate face, this thing will give you nightmares.

How long would that grill survive street parking in NYC?

barefootskater
barefootskater Dork
5/13/19 1:52 p.m.

Off to the DMV...

NickD
NickD PowerDork
5/13/19 1:58 p.m.

Why does Facebook pull up when you started relationships on your Facebook Memories if you are no longer marked as in that relationship? Gee, thanks for reminding me that it'd be our anniversary if she hadn't randomly broken with me. Wasn't trying to avoid thinking of that at all

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/13/19 2:11 p.m.

So since the Dancer is looking more at getting a truck to replace her ailing Mariner, I spent some time over lunch looking over the car company sites and pricing out what we'd likely want to get in the way of the different offerings. Basically only looking at the small (as if any still exist...) to mid-size trucks with 4 doors... and everything still comes out to being at least $32K. It's increasingly tempting to push for getting the 2012 Escape with 80k miles on it for 1/4 that much money.

Made our now-weekly trek out to check out the 'progress' on the cabin. They actually put down the floor of the loft (/ceiling of the bedroom & bathroom on the first floor)... but not the stairs to get up to it yet. They also somehow managed to screw up the framing for the upstairs powder room- they made it the exact same footprint as the downstairs bathroom it sits above... only the upstairs one doesn't have a shower so there's a ton of unnecessary space. We're trying to make lemonade out of it though and plan to have them use part of the space to make a storage closet we can store stuff in that we don't want to haul back and forth all the time. But still... they're not OVER A YEAR into this build, and over the last week seem to have done only a day and a half or two's worth of work.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
5/13/19 2:13 p.m.
AWSX1686 said:

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

How bad would it be to get it street legal? Or is it already? (For local raod testing, not for driving 3 hours each way to an event.)

Pretty easy once i find the title.....

Had it. Signed even! Can't berkeleying FIND it.

NickD
NickD PowerDork
5/13/19 2:21 p.m.
stanger_missle said:
MrChaos said:

My issue is mini vans is that we dont get the baller japanese vans 

I would 100% rock a Hiace 

Lexus sells a luxury minivan in the Asian market. It makes sense, at least to me. But, my God, the styling. If you thought USDM Lexus products had a terrible corporate face, this thing will give you nightmares.

Buick also makes a luxury minivan for Chinese markets called the GL8 and apparently they are the sole reason Buick exists as a company

Check out the rear seats in this thing. They are OEM!

mtn
mtn MegaDork
5/13/19 2:52 p.m.
Ashyukun (Robert) said:

So since the Dancer is looking more at getting a truck to replace her ailing Mariner, I spent some time over lunch looking over the car company sites and pricing out what we'd likely want to get in the way of the different offerings. Basically only looking at the small (as if any still exist...) to mid-size trucks with 4 doors... and everything still comes out to being at least $32K. It's increasingly tempting to push for getting the 2012 Escape with 80k miles on it for 1/4 that much money.

Look for a leftover '18 Frontier, if it would work for you. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
5/13/19 5:46 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:
AWSX1686 said:

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

How bad would it be to get it street legal? Or is it already? (For local raod testing, not for driving 3 hours each way to an event.)

Pretty easy once i find the title.....

Had it. Signed even! Can't berkeleying FIND it.

I have no idea how the title wound up in the wifes cookbooks. Nor do i really give a crap. But after 4 months of looking  it has been found! Guess all i had to do was rant about it.

slefain
slefain PowerDork
5/13/19 6:49 p.m.

Meanwhile on our local NextDoor forum...

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/13/19 10:03 p.m.
slefain said:

I resemble that remark.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/13/19 10:26 p.m.

Completely scratched up the Radio Flyer's windshield with a razor blade trying to get the glass clean. Scratches. Thousands. Polishing compound didn't do E36 M3. Waste of time. Could have solved it with a $12 wiper blade.

Half of anything I do is a complete clusterberkeley.

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas SuperDork
5/13/19 10:36 p.m.

Landlord reclaimed the 60" zero turn mower that lived at my house last summer, and replaced with a beat-down old 30" rider. Have gone from being able to mow several acres of yard in under two hours to well over four. 

It was his to reclaim, and I don't blame him. Doesn't meam I'm happy about it though. 

The only silver lining with this heap of E36 M3 is I need 50% fewer hands to operate it, which frees up 50% for drinking the beer I need to cope with the fact that I used all the available daylight on the first pleasant sunny day in weeks cutting my grass.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UberDork
5/14/19 5:53 a.m.

In reply to JohnInKansas :

We were in literally that exact situation a while ago.  I highly recommend the following:

-Purchase large commerical zero turn in need of work
-Repair your new (bigger and faster than landlords') mower, cheap because none of the parts are reallly expensive
-Haul all kinds of ass on that lawn
-When you move out, sell the thing
-Profit!

Scottah
Scottah Dork
5/14/19 6:43 a.m.

It was 45 degrees this morning. 

In regards to zero turns, my parents gifted me this a few months ago. 2005 Cub Cadet that is in excellent shape thanks to Dads stewardship. Wife won’t let me cut grass though.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/14/19 6:51 a.m.

I like that she wears her nice earrings to mow the lawn.

Ashyukun (Robert)
5/14/19 8:36 a.m.

In reply to mtn :

Only reason I'm looking at '19s is so it would be under warranty and I'd not have to worry about maintenance on it for a while, so previous model years would work just fine. Unfortunately our local Nissan dealerships don't seem to have anything other than '19s according to the inventory on their websites, though in theory the '19s they have in stock would be 3-4k lower in price than what I found building one custom on the main website, but I know she won't like the color of any of them... 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/14/19 8:38 a.m.

In reply to Ashyukun (Robert) :

Nissan's certified preowned warranty is actually better than their new purchase warranty, according to the techs that work on them.

slefain
slefain PowerDork
5/14/19 9:06 a.m.
Knurled. said:
slefain said:

I resemble that remark.

Only if you scream about gentrification while simultaneously fighting all attempts at providing affordable housing options within our city. You'd have to complain about your property values going up while also claiming that building lower cost housing will destroy your home values. Oh, don't forget claiming age discrimination while chiding the city leaders as being too young to run the city effectively.

Ashyukun (Robert)
5/14/19 9:12 a.m.

In reply to RevRico :

The two dealerships in reasonable range (one local, one about 20 minutes away) have a total of one certified pre-owned truck- a 2017 Silverado, $28k, 18k miles- amusingly, this is actually a color she'd like, and very similar to the one we rented a few years back to drive to WI over Christmas. We both liked it- it was comfortable for the 10-hour drives and carried everything like a champ (and I loved watching the DoD switch between 4 and 8 cylinders on the highway, but this one is a 6-cylinder)- but it was a beast size-wise and I don't know if she'd be able to comfortably drive it.

They do have some interesting used ones (including some 2018s, but they're not certified pre-owned) that she might like. We've got a lot to look at... hopefully sometime in the next few months she'll have free time to be able to go out and look at/test drive things.

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/14/19 9:25 a.m.

The miata I was going to look at has been sold. I need to see of the dealer near my house still has the 01 se they were selling.

And my hardtop has shipped. So I will have a hardtop but no miata for it.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/14/19 10:00 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

You don’t?  When my mower died the last time rather than replace it I found someone that will do 1.5 acres for $50.  It was worth it to get three hours a week back,

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
5/14/19 11:15 a.m.

In reply to Scottah :

My wife is 56 years and brags about the hundreds of times she rode her dad’s tractor and cut his lawn for him growing up.  I have a smaller lawn and use a walking mower so she hides when it’s lawn cutting time. 

Women and machinery - it’s a sexy thing. 

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/14/19 1:29 p.m.
slefain said:
Knurled. said:
slefain said:

I resemble that remark.

Only if you scream about gentrification while simultaneously fighting all attempts at providing affordable housing options within our city. You'd have to complain about your property values going up while also claiming that building lower cost housing will destroy your home values. Oh, don't forget claiming age discrimination while chiding the city leaders as being too young to run the city effectively.

The apparent lack of self-awareness is astonishing.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/14/19 4:35 p.m.

I’ve been back from vacation one day and I’m already fed up.  Now I’m stuck in traffic that so far has added an extra hour to the ride home and I’m barely out of Manhattan.  

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas SuperDork
5/14/19 4:40 p.m.

Anybody else seeing a "feedback" tab on the right side of their screen?

That's a bummer!

1 ... 967 968 969 970 971 ... 1931

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4QdWJBUWI3ImaBiNcptgES37Y32edzAhv8CxJYsJ19Jp2FlIF8Drk34bB7T8cl3T