MrJoshua
MrJoshua Dork
6/20/08 6:24 a.m.

Im selling the Giant Purple People Eater!
I bought this as a beater tow vehicle. I had visions of going through it and making it a super tow machine capable of hauling hefty trailers and copious quantities of gear. It turned out that shortly after I bought it another even better deal for a slightly newer vehicle came my way. That means I pass all of the purpley goodness on to you.
Details:
1997 GMC Safari
4.3 V6 230k
Trans Rebuilt 50k ago
Class 3 Hitch (6k capacity)
New shocks all around (helper shocks with coilover assist spring on back)
It runs and drives well. I just drove it to charleston and towed about 5k behind it with about 800lbs in it. Could use more rear spring to make that style of trip a little easier.
The interior is DIRTY. The carpet could use a pressure washing, the door handles are cracking, etc.
No AC (compressor died and was removed by prior owner)

Pics:

More pics later.
$900
Gainesville, FL 32607

spitfirebill
spitfirebill Reader
6/20/08 12:36 p.m.

Almost makes me wish I need a car hauler.

admc58
admc58 None
6/23/08 6:55 a.m.

Shoot me some interior picks, please.

What is the seating config? 4 buckets and a bench? Cloth?

MrJoshua
MrJoshua Dork
6/23/08 9:19 a.m.

The seating config is 2 bucket and 2 benches, all cloth with carpet on the backs of the benches so you end up with a flat carpeted area if you fold the rears down. I sent you some pics.

QuasiMondo
QuasiMondo New Reader
6/23/08 11:46 a.m.
spitfirebill wrote: Almost makes me wish I need a car hauler.

Indeed.

Nashco
Nashco Dork
6/23/08 3:38 p.m.

Ever thought it would be fun to drive an Astro to watch the Pikes Peak race in a month? I've got a big package in your area I need delivered, maybe I could swing a package deal.

Bryce

Osterkraut
Osterkraut New Reader
6/23/08 3:43 p.m.

I've got a big package too, and it often swings around.

I'll be here all week, folks, try the fish.

Pike's Peak?! Now THAT'S a road trip!

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
6/23/08 3:53 p.m.

Man, I wish I could swing this one. The Trooper decided now was the time to puke the A/C compressor, though.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua Dork
6/23/08 9:10 p.m.
Nashco wrote: Ever thought it would be fun to drive an Astro to watch the Pikes Peak race in a month? I've got a big package in your area I need delivered, maybe I could swing a package deal. Bryce

All you guys talking about swinging packages makes me really not want to road trip with or to you.

I think that "Big Package" you speak of is spoken for. Plus, thats a long road trip without AC. If I keep this thing its getting AC, but id rather sell it and save someone the money and myself the labor.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JmbnKRMoDmvdi80RkG5u0ZGIhjap4Fy5hY48XIDi1skqzkFCra0VDRNlXU1xKWyL