1 2 3
SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
6/5/18 12:09 p.m.

This one's mine. 

Its not the "official GRM free Europa", but it is similar. No interior, no engine, no transmission, no rear end. Just a body shell, and a chassis. 

I know- the picture is not very flattering. I'll clean it up and post some better ones soon. 

The body is complete.  The frame is in good shape, with front end components.  I don't believe there is any rust, but will confirm and post here.

Here's deal...

I am putting it on both EBay and CL for about 2 weeks. After that if it doesn't sell, I will drop the price to $0 for a GRMer. 

Prior to that, I will sell to a GRMer for $500, or consider offers.   Make me an offer- don't be shy.

Car MUST be picked up in Albany GA 31721 before 6/24.  After that, the deal is off.

I may be willing to transport this to Columbia SC, or anywhere in between.

Which one of you is gonna have the first Challenge Europa??

And for you astute observers, yes the Justy behind it is also up for grabs. 

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
6/5/18 12:20 p.m.

Ill take first dibs on free. And please!!!!

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/5/18 12:24 p.m.

S2 or Twin Cam? I am interested, but does it have all of its glass?

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
6/5/18 12:25 p.m.

Damnit...  I wish I had room and - more importantly - TIME - for this.  Unfortunately, I'm already in well over my head in projects.  

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
6/5/18 12:28 p.m.

In reply to Woody :

Pretty sure it has all glass- I will confirm this weekend. 

1969 S2

EDIT:  This was incorrect.  It is a post 1971 Twin Cam.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltraDork
6/6/18 7:00 a.m.
Ian F said:

Damnit...  I wish I had room and - more importantly - TIME - for this.  Unfortunately, I'm already in well over my head in projects.  

You know I'll store this one for you at the deeply discounted "I just like looking at it" rate!

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/6/18 7:12 a.m.

In reply to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :

Europas are really good at being looked at. 

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
6/6/18 7:16 a.m.

I still want to be the first grm guy to challenge car a europa. 

I have the guys looking for a cheap b series honda donor.....

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltraDork
6/6/18 7:20 a.m.

You know, I still have a rotary engine sitting here, and could pick up that Subaru transaxle while I'm getting the Europa... STOP IT BRAIN WE HAVE PLENTY TO DO ALREADY 

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/6/18 8:15 a.m.

There is nothing more expensive than a free _________.

Woody
6/6/18 8:41 a.m.

I see that you said that there is no rear end, but does it have the rear suspension in place? Probably a long shot, but could you bolt wheels onto it and at least roll it around?

Pete Gossett
6/6/18 9:11 a.m.

In reply to Woody :

Not without a transmission, the axles are what hold the trailing links in place. 

markwemple
markwemple UberDork
6/6/18 10:20 a.m.

What is wrong with me? Prt of me really wants this and I have waaaaayyyyyy too many projects!!!

NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
6/6/18 10:42 a.m.
Ian F said:

Focus Ian, FOCUS! You have a car in a garden that needs to go in your shop for a bit of welding.

Woody
6/6/18 11:01 a.m.
Pete Gossett said:

In reply to Woody :

Not without a transmission, the axles are what hold the trailing links in place. 

That takes me out of the running then. Which is unfortunate, because I need to go to Florida and back in the next few weeks and Georgia will totally be in my way for at least a few hours. And the asking price is right in my Comfort Zone. Damn.

markwemple
markwemple UberDork
6/6/18 11:02 a.m.

What does it need to be a roller??

RoddyMac17
RoddyMac17 Reader
6/6/18 11:10 a.m.
markwemple said:

I'm guessing a wooden pallet with some casters screwed onto the bottom of it.  Place the Europa on said pallet & screw through the floor to the pallet and viola you have a Europa roller.

If it weren't so far away, I'd be all other this.  I'm still kicking myself for selling the spare body I picked up in early 2016.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/6/18 11:13 a.m.
markwemple said:

A trailer underneath it

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Digital Experience Director
6/6/18 11:23 a.m.

Great candidate for a fly-n-drive.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
6/6/18 11:32 a.m.

So how big a trailer would one need to bring this home? 5x12?

secretariata
secretariata GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/6/18 11:50 a.m.
Tom Suddard said:

Great candidate for a fly-n-drive.

Think you must have forgotten to type the part about renting SVreX's house while the build is happening? wink

RoddyMac17
RoddyMac17 Reader
6/6/18 11:51 a.m.

O/all dimensions for a Europa are 13'-1" long and 5'- 4 1/2" wide.  And you must tow a Europa facing forward if the front and rear lids are on the car.  If you tow one backwards, the engine cover has the propensity to fly up and smash the roof, the windscreen, and itself.  If you're towing with the panels removed, then there is no issues.

Pete Gossett
6/6/18 1:20 p.m.
RoddyMac17 said:
markwemple said:

I'm guessing a wooden pallet with some casters screwed onto the bottom of it.  Place the Europa on said pallet & screw through the floor to the pallet and viola you have a Europa roller.

If it weren't so far away, I'd be all other this.  I'm still kicking myself for selling the spare body I picked up in early 2016.

I have one of those. It’s still up in IL if someone wants to stop by & pick it up on their way to Paul’s. 

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
6/6/18 1:24 p.m.

I just stopped and looked at a Europa that sitting in it field. HolyE36 M3 those things are tiny! It honestly made my Miata look big. The want is even stronger now.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
6/6/18 1:44 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

You can have it RIGHT NOW!! wink

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WWZaI3UFBpvIUI7kOLHKVOiWz7kwloRIbV8YUGmfZ9eyH5Z8WKGqIM8c4zQb6UX6