Grtechguy
Grtechguy SuperDork
11/25/09 11:50 a.m.

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/bar/1481925204.html

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/25/09 12:05 p.m.

RHD, auto, blown head gasket, 170,000 miles, will trade for a Supra Turbo.

Kids, stay off drugs.

Nashco
Nashco SuperDork
11/25/09 1:22 p.m.

I was this -><- close to buying some RHD steering gear and pedals off an imported JDM clip for our LeMons Impreza. The parts were super cheap, they wanted the powertrain and had no use for the rest. I thought it would be fun to have the first RHD LeMons car, but eventually chickened out as it would have been a fair amount of work for zero gain.

Bryce

RoadWarrior
RoadWarrior New Reader
11/25/09 7:35 p.m.

If it was cheaper, it'd be sweet to build a Legacy B4 blitzen clone outta, I guess the twin turbo EJ20 they used , the turbo sits where the master cylinder/brake booster wants to be on a LHD car. Such a shame.

irish44j
irish44j Reader
11/25/09 9:02 p.m.

in the rural area where my parents live there are 2 or 3 RHD legacys (legacies?).....they are driven by the local postmen. I'm thinking they must have been sold in the US for that reason, as they're not conversions and I doubt country-town postmen are importing JDM stuff, lol...

mndsm
mndsm New Reader
11/25/09 9:08 p.m.

I've seen a few used for that same reason.

Travis_K
Travis_K Dork
11/26/09 12:00 a.m.

Yea, they were sold as postal vehicles, some places where it lists the parts that fit different models, they are listed as their own model.

JeepinMatt
JeepinMatt Reader
11/26/09 12:06 a.m.

Yep, those Subies were sold as postal vehicles as far as I can remember. I know they sold a fair amount of Cherokees and Wranglers in RHD too.

DrBoost
DrBoost HalfDork
11/26/09 10:22 a.m.

That thing has been for sale for a LONNNNNNG time. His price is stupid high for the condition. I called on it and he/she never even called back.

mndsm
mndsm New Reader
11/26/09 5:36 p.m.

I guarantee he's trying to pass it off to some schmoe as a JDM spec RHD car, when it's really a former mail carrier. Hence the exotic price.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/27/09 8:20 a.m.

Rural Route carriers tend to overpay for these things. If the guy opened up his selling range he would find a DumDum.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
p5Nwtd0NOHHYcm6O4k4272xXXoGkpkWNbv7JwwgBaplX7k5sZnoR2mVMM6Ib5qCN