1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
JamesMcD
JamesMcD HalfDork
2/26/14 12:44 p.m.

That one above that SwankF1 posted is THE ONE. Get it. That thing is making me wish I hadn't already bought a "nice one."

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
2/26/14 1:01 p.m.

Wow, that thing is gorgeous! I don't even like red, but WOW! Man, I might have to contact him. It's a little more than I want to spend, but a few overtime weekends at work might make up for it.

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
2/26/14 1:09 p.m.

What would you guys offer him if it's as good as it looks? Think I could get it for $28-2900?

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
2/26/14 1:13 p.m.

You can try to talk him down if you want, but strictly speaking in terms of what sort of car you're going to get for the money, his asking price isn't outrageous.

I'd start at $2500 and settle at $3000-$3200 to make both of you feel like you got a great deal, but don't balk at paying asking price if it's the difference between closing it and losing it.

That thing has MANY more miles left on it. It's almost sickening how clean and rust-free it is. You will probably never see another one this nice in your lifetime, so don't berkeley this up.

JamesMcD
JamesMcD HalfDork
2/26/14 8:39 p.m.

Yeah, that's really a bargain no matter how you slice it. I got an '89 Mx6 GT in 1997 for $6400 (I was in HS, my nice parents paid for it). It had 97k on it and I drove it until 270k thirteen years later. It was still going when I parked it but the engine was outliving the rest of the car. The point is, that car has a TON of life left in it. That thing is great value.

JamesMcD
JamesMcD HalfDork
2/26/14 8:43 p.m.

There's only one downside and that is the fact that you can't get all the nice new parts from Mazda these days that you could about ten years ago.

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
2/27/14 12:07 a.m.

I just e-mailed the guy, we'll see what he says. I might see if I can get someone on here to go check it out, make sure it's as nice as it seems. I figure if I could get it for $3000 I'd be doing well. Olive Branch is actually in Mississippi, about 14 hours from me. This would be a fun adventure, and an awesome car, I'm really hoping it all works out! Any of you nearby to check it out?

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
2/27/14 11:58 p.m.

Still haven't heard anything from the guy...I'm dying here! Trying not to get my hopes up. One just popped up on Craigslist in Laurel, MD for $1000...no pics or details, but I e-mailed him too. We'll see...

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
2/28/14 10:14 a.m.

I've been texting with the seller on this one...

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/cto/4353427228.html

...it's white, stock, and cheap. Needs a few things: no heat (maybe heater core, but only according to his Google-ing--I'm thinking thermostat?), noisy/broken exhaust, valve cover leak, check engine light (he says it's on for the valve cover leak, obviously he has no clue), not sure about AC operation, ~175k miles. He says it will make the drive here no problem (I'm about 4 hrs away). I'm going to post in the main forum to see if anyone can take a look at it for me. Opinions?

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
2/28/14 10:20 a.m.

Buddy said he would go look at the one in Memphis if you hear back from the seller.

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
2/28/14 11:00 a.m.

In reply to Swank Force One:

Cool, thanks. I actually e-mailed the guy twice. The second time was to insure him that I wasn't a spammer, and that I am really interested even though I'm in VA. I hate it when people only leave an email as a contact, then don't reply when you e-mail them.

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
3/1/14 12:31 a.m.

Still no word...grrr...

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
3/1/14 9:39 a.m.

Really nice looking 626 GT Sedan. You can be like JamesMcD, but with less miles.

$3000 obo. Tasteful mods.

http://www.performanceprobe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49728

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
3/1/14 1:10 p.m.

In reply to Swank Force One:

That's really nice! The NY bit scares me, only because I assume the underside is a complete rust ball...but maybe I'm wrong. I really like the sedans. As rare as they are, I've decided I don't love the hatchbacks, so they are off my list. I'll keep an eye on this one in case my other 2 options fall through. The Laurel, MD one is good, if only I could find someone to check it out for me. And the Memphis guy is still un-locate-able.

ScreaminE
ScreaminE Reader
3/3/14 8:15 p.m.

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/4348559169.html

I partly grew up in Statesville. Parents are still there. Rust free cars in that area. Seller is off by about 1500 though.

JamesMcD
JamesMcD HalfDork
3/4/14 12:11 p.m.

I wouldn't laugh if someone paid $2500 for that one. $3000 is a bit high. Seems like values might be creeping up one these though. Or maybe I just want to think so.

ScreaminE
ScreaminE Reader
3/4/14 2:57 p.m.

Pictures belong in the horrible CL photos thread. But the car seems like a period correct car. I still wouldn't pay more than $2k, but I'm a cheapskate.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
3/4/14 3:03 p.m.

I'm trying to figure out why it has all those fueling related upgrades, but no mention of aftermarket turbo.

ScreaminE
ScreaminE Reader
3/5/14 9:09 a.m.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/brx/cto/4359909859.html

ScreaminE
ScreaminE Reader
3/6/14 11:28 a.m.

http://allentown.craigslist.org/cto/4360823054.html

1.5 hours from you.

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
3/7/14 9:14 a.m.

In reply to ScreaminE:

That's actually about 5.5 hours from me, I'm in VA Beach. JtspellS was going to look at the one in Laurel, MD for me today (the seller told me earlier in the week that Friday was the only day he was available). Anyway, turns out he sold it last night.

That one in Charlotte looks nice, but for that price I'd rather have a solid stock one. I think I'm going to try to stick with looking in my local area (within 2 hrs or so), I get my hopes up on all these ones that are far away, but then it's a pain to work out looking at it, etc. Speaking of that, I still haven't heard from the guy in Memphis on the cream puff red one; I e-mailed him yesterday for the 3rd time.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
3/7/14 9:35 a.m.

Black one looks decent. Seller added more pictures.

The one in Charlotte is still a good buy.... remove the extra bullE36 M3, sell, reduce out of pocket cost.

Hell, depending on what some of it is, i might even want some of it for my "museum."

Plus white is the best color for an MX6 GT.

JamesMcD
JamesMcD HalfDork
3/8/14 9:59 p.m.

So did anyone ever go look at any of these cars?

JtspellS
JtspellS Dork
3/8/14 11:14 p.m.

I did try!!! At least I got a nice karting trip out of it!

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
3/10/14 10:56 a.m.

In reply to JtspellS:

I'm glad you had some fun! I haven't looked at any. I contacted the guy on the white one in Statesville, but didn't hear anything. PA and NY are out for me--too far and don't want to bother with potential rust. I've resigned myself to looking only in my immediate area if possible, it's a pain to try and setup an inspection at a distance.

1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SxZFpNrsk1cgKSrQi5TNnYpqoyhOlDjXU7LL1YqWDrnIj7CGyaE6IMiJ0pOOtgH6