nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/19/11 9:37 p.m.

Edit: Location Mahomet IL, 61853

Ok this is like the fastest vehicle turnaround ever for me. My wife has told me in no uncertain terms that the Astro van will not work for our family. Boo but my loss is your gain.

Good running 149K mile astro van. LS model. Good tires. Paint is in good shape for the age. VERY minimal rust (1/4 sized spot in rear fender otherwise surface rust). Cruise control and almost all power accessories work (power seats work great). Seems to shift well and pull with good power. Passenger window will trip the breaker after ~2 seconds of operation. Fuel gauge doesn't work, a few Lights are out in the radio, Drivers door handle is loose, Drivers door armrest is worn and misc. wear throughout interior. NO REAR SEATS set up as a cargo van but all seatbelts and seat mounts are there so you would just need to source junkyard seats (~$200 locally). Was captian middle row with standard bench 3rd row. Pulls to the right a bit but steering is tight otherwise. Should probably have shocks installed.
PO put in new radiator/waterpump and did some brake work.

Put a couple of hundred in maintenance into this and have a pretty nice looking/driving van for work, a band, towing with sleeping quarters at the track, MC transport whatever. I'm just trying to sell it for exactly what I have into it. Prices in my area for these are usually in the $2500-4000 range so This is a steal at $1200 even needing what it does.

Email nocones_625 at yahoo dot com Detailed pics upon request

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/19/11 9:57 p.m.

where you at?

nocones
11/19/11 9:58 p.m.

Oh sorry Mahomet, IL 61853

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/20/11 3:29 p.m.

Can you make it AWD?

integraguy
integraguy SuperDork
11/20/11 7:57 p.m.

There are several of these local to me, but like you say when they are done up "primo" they command $2500 or more.

nocones
11/20/11 8:13 p.m.

I think you can convert with an awd front subframe and trans

I'd love to see this go to someone here before I sell it to Craigslisters. I could help get it somewhere in the Midwest. Stl area would be easy (family down there)

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/21/11 2:48 p.m.

want but would have to sell blazer first.

nocones
12/5/11 9:30 a.m.

This is sold.. I got out of it what I had into it. I am pleased.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/5/11 9:38 a.m.

Congrats.

Osterkraut
Osterkraut SuperDork
12/5/11 10:00 a.m.

What the hell family do you have the an Astro won't work?

stumpmj
stumpmj Dork
12/5/11 10:41 a.m.

If it's like my family, I'm betting it's a wife that hates Astros

nocones
12/5/11 2:14 p.m.
Osterkraut wrote: What the hell family do you have the an Astro won't work?

See below quote for answer..

stumpmj wrote: If it's like my family, I'm betting it's a wife that hates Astros

My wife didn't like the Idea of me using it to haul around my 15 month old daughter (She has in her head that cars designed prior to 15 years ago aren't very safe, I countered with don't worry dear the Astro was designed 30 years ago! She did not approve).
So if I needed to take my daughter anywhere I would have to swap cars with her.. Only problem with that is she said I will NEVER drive that car. Oh well that's her right I've told her absolutely not to some ideas too. I'm just glad it didn't cost me any money.

Osterkraut
Osterkraut SuperDork
12/5/11 2:20 p.m.
stumpmj wrote: If it's like my family, I'm betting it's a wife that hates Astros

Boooo. Astros rule.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PZ7DQflqBkNG5Z857nuzwYU8IXLXH4QQUPLHRwcf9dfTiSWwdw3vbBYFRZpJH5iD