Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/2/12 6:25 a.m.

Not mine, but I would have dragged a trailer and cash up to get it if the seller and I could have worked out the scheduling last week. In the week since, my enthusiasm for this car has cooled, so I figured that I'd pass it along.

I know this: The price is firm. It was a Southern car for most of its life. The seller has been very honest and forthcoming with information, though he is slow to respond to email and only available on weekends.

http://worcester.craigslist.org/cto/3433759621.html

1988 Alpha Romeo For Parts or Restoration - $1850 (Western Ma) Date: 2012-11-25, 3:31PM EST

For Parts or Restoration,

1988 Alpha Romeo Quadrifoglio. Body is in excellent condtion. Comes with both hard to and soft top. All original. Bought car to restore. Car was driven 12 months ago. Since then battery has gone dead and stepped on clutch and it will not return. Clutch worked fine prior to that. So car is not driveable at this time. Also will need new carpet and seats upholstered. No longer have the time or money to complete project. Would make a great winter project. Serious inquiries only please. Will NOT part out car. Asking $1850.

There are more photos in the ad.

MA$$hole
MA$$hole Reader
12/2/12 7:57 a.m.

Too close for comfort.

Woody
12/2/12 8:36 a.m.

I like the car and I'm only about an hour away, but the thought buying a third sportscar at the beginning of December in New England just wasn't adding up.

Luke
Luke UberDork
12/2/12 8:40 a.m.

Looks like a good deal.

Rant mode: engage. What the berkeley is with the misspelling of 'Alfa' to 'Alpha', even by Alfa-owners???! Ahh, forget it.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/2/12 8:54 a.m.
Luke wrote: Looks like a good deal. Rant mode: engage. What the berkeley is with the misspelling of 'Alfa' to 'Alpha', even by Alfa-owners???! Ahh, forget it.

spell check?

Woody
12/2/12 9:25 a.m.
Luke wrote: Looks like a good deal. Rant mode: engage. What the berkeley is with the misspelling of 'Alfa' to 'Alpha', even by Alfa-owners???! Ahh, forget it.

I found it searching "Project". I was hoping I would be the first responder due to the misspelling.

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/2/12 10:42 a.m.

That is worth WAY more than his asking price, especially if you wait until spring. The slave cylinder probably lost pressure, which is something they all seem to do if parked for more than two weeks. The hardtop alone would sell for $1000.

conesare2seconds
conesare2seconds Reader
12/2/12 1:52 p.m.

The hardtop styling is neato burrito.

Woody
12/2/12 2:47 p.m.

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of Quadrifoglios, but I love the hard top.

Woody
12/2/12 2:47 p.m.

Oh, and it has 105k miles.

OutsideGroove
OutsideGroove New Reader
12/2/12 4:03 p.m.

Good thing Xmas is coming.... or I might try and scheme a way to get this. So sexy.

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette SuperDork
12/2/12 4:21 p.m.

Alpha = that cool hard top

MA$$hole
MA$$hole HalfDork
12/23/12 9:26 a.m.

Apparently he still has it, the torture is tempting.

http://worcester.craigslist.org/cto/3433759621.html

Woody
12/23/12 9:36 a.m.

Wow, I didn't think the car would last that long. Fortunately, I bought this book instead, which saved me a lot of money.

I do love that top, though...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3FRFKhdnUpQYnO07NBh3GKskD23FzHSZJBUlDYbwRcvSJEMGdFGFDpK7AuH33guK