1 2
digdug18
digdug18 Dork
4/17/11 3:16 p.m.

I have a '65 austin healey sprite that is free to whoever hauls it out of my fathers garage.

Car was bought and running about 95/96 or so, then me and my father went for a spin around the block in it, went to the gas station and at the pumps, some iddiot backed into us, crushing the passenger side fender. Since it was registered as a daily driver, the insurance company totaled the car. We drove the car home, and have driven it since that same year after the accident. The car is white, has a 1098cc engine, smooth case transmission and knock off wire wheels. I just need it gone out of my parents garage.

It was parked and put up on jack stands with the hopes of doing a restoration on it, but we never got that far. I took off a door I believe(to repaint, and install new seals), bought a brand new left front fender from moss motors. I removed the dash that was in it, the previous owner made one out of 3/4" plywood. I bought a correct dash at carlisle, as well as have 2 sets of seats for the car, one for a '74 sprite, and one for a '68 sprite. There are parts that came off a parts car that will go with the car, such as a non-running '68 sprite 1275 engine. I might have a ribcase trans as well, I'm not 100% sure what is an is not there anymore.

I should have pics up by wednesday evening, I need to take some photo's of the car.

my email is digdug18 at yahoo dot com if your interested.

Andrew

Grtechguy
Grtechguy SuperDork
4/17/11 3:20 p.m.

So wish I had the time to drive.

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
4/17/11 3:26 p.m.

does it move under it's own power anymore? How far did you take it apart? How far could it drive?

Thinkkker
Thinkkker SuperDork
4/17/11 5:40 p.m.

hmmm... The email doesn't want to work. I'm trying to contact you though.

digdug18
digdug18 Dork
4/17/11 6:38 p.m.

sorry, its digdug18 had to edit my post, my numlock was off

digdug18
digdug18 Dork
4/17/11 6:40 p.m.

sorry, car isn't at my house, actually at my parents, in ottsville, pa

digdug18
digdug18 Dork
4/17/11 7:00 p.m.

Talked to my father, since its at his house, my mother has placed crap on all 4 sides of the car, he is saying we need to wait until next weekend to get rid of the stuff around the car before moving it. I'll repost in 2 weeks when its ready to go..... Andrew

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/17/11 7:02 p.m.

Hmmm.....three hours, four minutes....

porschenut
porschenut New Reader
4/17/11 7:08 p.m.

I will even help dig it out. Right down the road in Chalfont

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
4/17/11 7:15 p.m.
Woody wrote: Hmmm.....three hours, four minutes....

I am contemplating it at 13 hours 50 minutes.

don't let a silly little thing like distance deter you, I have gone a lot farther for a lot less.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
4/17/11 8:20 p.m.

You are killing me....

Supercoupe
Supercoupe Reader
4/17/11 8:25 p.m.

I thought you were going to send me those pics awhile back, I'm still interested, like I expressed in our emails.

FlightService
FlightService HalfDork
4/17/11 9:44 p.m.
aussiesmg wrote: You are killing me....

Killing me smalls killing me!!!

I am wholesaling all my projects or I would be interested.

digdug18
digdug18 Dork
4/17/11 11:34 p.m.

Supercoupe, I haven't been able to dig it out enough to send anyone pictures. I haven't heard from you in awhile you told me you were getting your truck fixed, then heard nothing.

Klayfish
Klayfish Reader
4/18/11 6:48 a.m.

Uh oh...you're only 25 miles from me. I have a minivan with a tow hitch and a tow dolly. For the sake of my marriage, please don't post pictures....

OK, I have to ask, cause if I can convince the other half... Has the engine been started since '95/'96? Are the dash and seats currently out of it? What else is out of it?

Supercoupe
Supercoupe Reader
4/18/11 8:37 a.m.

truck's fixed, let me know when it's available to get, I have a few events coming up, but if I'm around I'd like a shot at it.

digdug18
digdug18 Dork
4/18/11 5:12 p.m.

dash is out, seats are out, engine is still in, has been sitting since then. Though I'm 90% sure I could get it started with the help of some wd-40. So 2 weeks or so and it should be cleaned around enough to get it out of there. But will be waiting 2 weeks to clean.

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit Reader
4/18/11 8:54 p.m.

Good this gives me time to put U joints in the truck

Let me know when it is ready to travel I have a spot picked out for it.

Paul B

corytate
corytate Reader
4/18/11 9:45 p.m.

oh my god I'm so sad that I missed this. The state tax money I just got would have paid for the trip up there and back plus the uhaul car trailer rental. DAMN

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
4/19/11 8:40 a.m.

2 weeks school will be over and I love British cars. I will find out if I can get a trailer and truck to drive up there.

14 hours away.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/19/11 8:46 a.m.

I live close enough to get it, and pretty close to Armagh, PA as well. Hmmmmmm

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
4/19/11 9:50 a.m.

PM sent.

number3
number3 New Reader
4/20/11 6:13 p.m.

I can come and get it. I need a project to work on with my son and this sounds like a nice one.

triumph5
triumph5 Dork
4/20/11 6:16 p.m.

Did this not change hands yesterday????? Here or on the CM site? I mean, is it still available?

digdug18
digdug18 Dork
4/20/11 7:21 p.m.

nope, still available, as stated, my father needs to clean all the crap around and off of it...

Pics to follow.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4Fr5IHH41nn753NaWLg5HuOwt71WSulGZGreJYHCZ4DKNA3lCCMHLHsEuLsQ8PW5