Paul_VR6
Paul_VR6 HalfDork
2/11/15 10:57 p.m.

Been in a guys backyard for a bit. Finally out front fs at 950 says "v8 swap" on the window.

Newark de on rt 273 right at md border.

Again nmna

More info if any comes my way.

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/12/15 7:55 a.m.

You tease...

Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/12/15 9:39 a.m.

2 GRMers in the same town hanging out together can lead to bad things....

Our wives were discussing starting a challenge wives support group.

johnp2
johnp2 Reader
2/12/15 10:31 a.m.

Interesting, I am also in the area. Swinging by to check this out after work.

Thanks!

Paul_VR6
Paul_VR6 HalfDork
2/12/15 11:06 p.m.
72Subabeetle wrote: Hey, I saw that car this morning! Paul, I think you live in my backyard. I just moved to Nottingham PA.

If you just moved, you are in my backyard! Just down the road in East Nottingham.

I will go by again tomorrow and snap some pics and see if there is any contact info.

Paul_VR6
Paul_VR6 HalfDork
2/13/15 5:54 p.m.

Didnt have time for pics but for those searching: coming from de its over the md border maybe 1/8mi hiding behind a billboard.

TC
TC New Reader
2/15/15 10:22 p.m.

General 10-foot condition?

Paul_VR6
Paul_VR6 HalfDork
2/15/15 10:33 p.m.

Looks decent and tires have air. Flat black hides many sins from 10' though.

meisterschutze
meisterschutze
2/17/15 5:04 p.m.

Paul, John, and 72; I live in DelCo (Brookhaven) and work in Glasgow. Did anyone stop and check it out yet?

Paul_VR6
Paul_VR6 HalfDork
2/18/15 12:01 p.m.

Not yet. Timing is always bad fore to stop (always late).

Fist sized hole in drivers door.

Stil l, $950 and says v8!

Duke
Duke UltimaDork
2/18/15 12:02 p.m.
72Subabeetle wrote: Hey, I saw that car this morning! Paul, I think you live in my backyard. I just moved to Nottingham PA.

Make that at least 3 of us! I'm in Newark as well. You guys should come autocross with us - look up Brandywine Motorsport Club. Season opener is April 11, probably in the Glasgow area.

meisterschutze
meisterschutze New Reader
2/18/15 4:16 p.m.

Wish I had the car. Have an Xterra and a Tahoe now. Had a 02 S-ER SpecV until last April when I accordioned it. We could bill ourselves as the 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

950 and a V8 ..... OK, OK, Hole in door (and where else) . Whats been cut up ..... 950 and a V8 ..... Damn, where's my Valium! CHALLENGE CAR!!!

johnp2
johnp2 Reader
2/19/15 9:34 a.m.
meisterschutze wrote: Paul, John, and 72; I live in DelCo (Brookhaven) and work in Glasgow. Did anyone stop and check it out yet?

Unfortunately I have yet to make the venture to check this one out. Frigid temperatures have kept me indoors lately. It looks like we are warming up this weekend so perhaps I will make the 15 minute drive to check it out.

I do recall seeing this car behind that particular home for a few years. It used to be my daily commute route.

johnp2
johnp2 Reader
2/19/15 9:35 a.m.
Duke wrote:
Make that at least 3 of us! I'm in Newark as well. You guys should come autocross with us - look up Brandywine Motorsport Club. Season opener is April 11, probably in the Glasgow area.

Very cool! I will definitely check it out.

Paul_VR6
Paul_VR6 HalfDork
2/19/15 9:40 p.m.

I dont turn anymore but I may come to hang. When the weather is right you will find me at cecil gas pedaling.

If this ends up a local challenge effort, count me in.

johnp2
johnp2 Reader
2/20/15 8:58 a.m.
Paul_VR6 wrote: I dont turn anymore but I may come to hang. When the weather is right you will find me at cecil gas pedaling. If this ends up a local challenge effort, count me in.

Good ol Cecil! +1 on the challenge effort.

meisterschutze
meisterschutze New Reader
3/2/15 3:52 p.m.

Been too long not on line. Work, work, work, then home to crash. Haven't made it to see the 280 (if it's even still there.)

Paul_VR6
Paul_VR6 HalfDork
3/2/15 4:30 p.m.

Looks like it's pushed into the back yard, still there as of Saturday though.

johnp2
johnp2 Reader
4/1/15 11:11 a.m.

Swung by and checked this guy out the other day. Pretttttty rough I would say. The lack of carb indicates it does not run and it appears to be a SBC. Also an auto and the interior/exterior is thrashed.

-John

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
G9cfyzWyaI8JXiTySDQ2vtg3BD4tQpB3HFHbnHaXR7jbk4jCQdG22MyR540tIWjF