turboHLS30
turboHLS30 Reader
5/11/11 12:33 p.m.

Up for sale is my Cartech Turbo kit that is on my Z. It's a blow thru turbo kit made to work with triple 40mm carbs. The turbo is a water cooled Rotomaster T04b with no shaft play and it spins very smooth. It has a Turbonetics old school wastegate. The dump for the wastegate goes into the downpipe to save some space. It comes with a front mount intercooler with piping. It will need new clamps for the intercooler piping. The piping is 2.5" in and out of the intercooler. The kit will come with the Cartech plenum, intercooler and piping w/ couplers, Rotomatser T04b turbo, turbo exhaust manifold, Turbonetics wastegate, downpipe, MSD6al, MSD turbo timer, and a boost gauge. The carbs that are included comes with the linkage and a manifold, they are rebuilt and has only had gas run through them once and then everything was swapped into my 280z. I don't HAVE to sell the stuff, I'm just seeing what kind of offers I get.The price is $2,000 shipped. I'm pretty firm on the price because there arn't many Cartech turbo kits out there anymore. You can email me at shaney0512@yahoo.com, or call me at 386-265-1401.

TRYING TO GET A L28ET TURBO MOTOR OUT OF A 280ZX TURBO

triumph5
triumph5 Dork
5/11/11 1:32 p.m.

Very sweet deal. I think a good price, lots for the cash. If you ever want to part it out, I'd be interested in two of the carbs.

turboHLS30
turboHLS30 Reader
5/11/11 3:18 p.m.

If I parted it out, I'd rather sell all 3 and the manifold so that I'm not stuck with 1 carb and a manifold.

fastasleep
fastasleep Reader
5/11/11 8:22 p.m.

I'm not a dick, BUT I can do the same thing for < $400 installed and tuned and converted to EFI. I just won't have the awesome Cartech badge. What do these go for new?

-Les

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
5/11/11 8:40 p.m.

I think you need to get on some Z specific boards. The kit might catch the eye of someone looking to do a neat resto-imitation of a hot car of the era. We are a small market that wants an entire car for $500, not a fairly primitive turbo kit for $2k

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
5/11/11 8:40 p.m.

or ebay.

turboHLS30
turboHLS30 Reader
5/12/11 8:41 a.m.
fastasleep wrote: I'm not a dick, BUT I can do the same thing for < $400 installed and tuned and converted to EFI. I just won't have the awesome Cartech badge. What do these go for new? -Les

Yea I understand. I just figured I'd post it here and see how it goes.

turboHLS30
turboHLS30 Reader
5/12/11 8:42 a.m.
MrJoshua wrote: I think you need to get on some Z specific boards. The kit might catch the eye of someone looking to do a neat resto-imitation of a hot car of the era. We are a small market that wants an entire car for $500, not a fairly primitive turbo kit for $2k

Yea, in a couple weeks I'll list it on ebay and see how it goes.

fastasleep
fastasleep Reader
5/12/11 8:00 p.m.

GLWS, man......

-Les

turboHLS30
turboHLS30 Reader
5/12/11 8:28 p.m.

Thanks

turboHLS30
turboHLS30 Reader
5/13/11 9:44 p.m.