dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
12/17/18 2:42 p.m.

Let's try again with a proper ad without the story.

FOR SALE, one 1996 Suzuki Sidekick Sport in Columbus, OH, 246,000 miles, $800.

More details here:

https://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/d/1996-suzuki-sidekick-sport/6774181432.html

Basically, it's a rough around the edges 4wd Sidekick 4-door. Body is pretty rust free, but I did spot some rust in the passenger side rear doorway portion of the rear wheel well. The frame and floor pans are solid. There's some scabby rust in the front and rear leading edges underneath. All the doors work, the clutch now works fine (I put in new master and slave cylinders and clutch bellcrank linkage), the tires are worn but I have a set of snow tires I will throw in unmounted if I don't get a chance to get them mounted first. I have a replacement passenger side mirror on the way. The interior is decent but not perfect and is dirty. The engine smokes and burns and leaks oil and has a tick to it (may just be an exhaust leak) but should still run for thousands more miles if you don't care to do anything about that. The 4wd works. Manual locking hubs work. Power windows are slow but work. Power locks work well. Check engine light is on, no idea what the codes are, probably related to all the oil it's burnt. The coolant looks good. Brakes work well. Parking brake works. Overall it's a little rough but serviceable and could make a great winter beater, fun offroad toy, etc. With some effort it would make a nice year round daily driver.

Youtube video of it running:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVSjCYj8EQ0&feature=youtu.be (Someone please test that and let me know if it works for you. For some reason it's shown as private on my end, but I have selected "unlisted" and not "private.")

I think $800 is a good deal. I'm willing to trade for anything worth $800 and up, especially things I can sell and ship easily. I'll consider lower cash offers.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
12/17/18 2:51 p.m.

Link works. Couldn't get the wife over the hump on this. 

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
12/17/18 3:54 p.m.

I figured. Even my wife, saint that she is, doesn't see the appeal of the Sidekick. She doesn't mind that it's here, she just doesn't love it like I do. With car # 6 showing up Wednesday, I need to get this thing moved along.

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon SuperDork
12/17/18 7:32 p.m.

Winter beater perfection, that’s what it is.

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/17/18 7:40 p.m.

Damn.........i wish that was closer

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
12/17/18 8:59 p.m.

In reply to BlueInGreen - Jon :

I agree. Every time I sit in it I want to keep it. But I'm motivated to sell at this point just due to car count. Someone save me from the Craigslist texts and phone calls.

AxeHealey
AxeHealey GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/18/18 8:38 a.m.

I spy my old wheels in the background. Always nice to see an old friend.

Do I also spy a 4x4 bumpside??

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
12/18/18 9:37 a.m.

In reply to AxeHealey :

Your wheels worked out beautifully and the car's parked for the season. Come spring they'll get more fun!

It is indeed a 4x4 bumpside, though I'd never heard that term before! More pics here: https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/my-new-truck-has-inadequate-braking-sloppy-steerin/107982/page1/ and it is hard to believe I've had it for 3 years now.

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/18/18 10:53 a.m.

How is this not sold yet? Good thing I don't have a farm, otherwise I'd own a new farm truck. 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/18/18 11:15 a.m.

In reply to Robbie :

Do you really need a farm to own a farm truck?

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/18/18 12:06 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

not at all but it is a good enough argument for me to tell myself I don't NEED a farm truck. I'm trying to only buy automotive things that I, you know, NEED. 

AxeHealey
AxeHealey GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/18/18 12:23 p.m.
dculberson said:

In reply to AxeHealey :

Your wheels worked out beautifully and the car's parked for the season. Come spring they'll get more fun!

It is indeed a 4x4 bumpside, though I'd never heard that term before! More pics here: https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/my-new-truck-has-inadequate-braking-sloppy-steerin/107982/page1/ and it is hard to believe I've had it for 3 years now.

Glad you're happy with them!

Your truck looks SUPER clean. Love it. Maybe we should start a GRM Members with Bumpsides Club.

BTW - sorry for distracting from the Sidekick sale.

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
12/19/18 7:52 p.m.

In reply to AxeHealey :

Doesn't seem to be too busy in here, so I don't mind the distractions. ;-)

I got a new sideview mirror and glued the Suzuki emblem back on the front. New glamor shots - updated the exterior photos of the Craigslist ad and here's the important shot, it shows off both:

If I have this thing for much longer I'm going to sew the open seam on the driver's seat and paint that passenger side headlight trim. Please save me from myself. Before long I'll have an Aveo engine in it. Actually I did just get a Mercedes C300 whose engine would scoot this thing along pretty seriously...

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
12/30/18 3:26 p.m.

You can all breathe easily because the Suzuki is SOLD.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ujHAVIA6d5fVuMaw0by5gfrUN0uBFzGurx80lgg7KXnxU2P6deXCKF9ZaEjQWBo4