nuthunmuch
nuthunmuch New Reader
9/22/24 8:05 p.m.

I enjoy reading through race car build threads, and the time has come to create one of my own.

After racing a Toyota Echo for a couple seasons I decided I wanted to move on to something else. The Echo was a great little car, but there are fewer classes where it fits well. I was looking for something a little bit faster. I considered plenty of platforms, but ended up with an '06 Civic Si coupe (FG2 for Honda fans). I have a habit of searching Facebook, Kijiji, etc.. continually and came across this car. The price was very good and I managed to be the first person to show up and see the car. Negotiated the deal and away we go.

Picture after loading it onto the trailer for the trip to it's new home.

nuthunmuch
nuthunmuch New Reader
9/22/24 8:20 p.m.

Background on the car:

The car was built as a race car from the beginning. I was told that Honda Canada had a few cars built when the 8th Gen Civic was released and this was one of them. The original listed owner is Honda so this story seems to line-up. The car was raced in both SCCA and CASC (Canada) and I found log books for both in the glove box. In SCCA competition it ran Showroom Stock B. Based on dates in the logbook I was able to find the YouTube video of the 2008 Runoffs with the car! (Driven by John Sherk #88)

https://youtu.be/MWj82jGH1sw?si=NP3xIsHkn2srinY9

The racing history that I've found has been earlier in the car's life. At some point I think it was driven on the road occasionally, perhaps back and forth to the track. More recently it went through a couple owners who used it for hdpe driving. The owner before me had owned the car for 6 years but only made it to the track a handful of times.

More details on the car to follow.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7gABpaza5hkSknps85WDpegaSovIfIxjWwuHPu5gIx3wWwctt14eFsMzNe95F2Ae