1 ... 9 10 11
Outkasted
Outkasted New Reader
9/10/24 2:04 p.m.

Love what you are doing. You may want to consider making a side piece from the top of roll bar back to the body where it curves back inward towards the engine. I think this will give it more flow. It would kind of mimic the back half of the top you removed but only on the sides. 

Box4VIR
Box4VIR GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/10/24 4:00 p.m.

In reply to Outkasted :

Oh ya I think I see what you're talking about. Good idea.  I'll do some more cardboard engineering tonight

Box4VIR
9/11/24 11:07 a.m.
Outkasted said:

Love what you are doing. You may want to consider making a side piece from the top of roll bar back to the body where it curves back inward towards the engine. I think this will give it more flow. It would kind of mimic the back half of the top you removed but only on the sides. 

Thanks for the suggestion!  I think it'll work well, this is what you had in mind right?

Outkasted
Outkasted New Reader
9/16/24 11:25 a.m.

That is exactly what i was thinking. I feel it gives it just a bit more flow and similar to the one in this link.

This Porsche Boxster Racecar Is A Track Weapon - Double Apex

Box4VIR
9/16/24 1:32 p.m.

I hated to see the red leather go but it was impossible to match and fading to pink so I decided to wrap it in some left over headliner suede from my 540i project.  Super super easy, maybe an hour of work with the dash in the car.  Now to recover the rest of the red  I still need to glue the bottom of the dash as well...ran out of glue

Outkasted
Outkasted New Reader
9/17/24 1:59 p.m.

That came out very well. Would love to see this in person one day if you attend any meets in VA. 

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/17/24 3:03 p.m.

dang.  that dash is killer!  Might need to try that in my 914 one day.  The rest of the transformation is also looking cool!

Box4VIR
9/18/24 9:42 a.m.
Outkasted said:

That came out very well. Would love to see this in person one day if you attend any meets in VA. 

Where in VA are you?

Outkasted
Outkasted New Reader
9/18/24 1:53 p.m.

I am in Maryland, near the national harbor. Just across the bridge from Alexandria. 

Box4VIR
9/18/24 6:14 p.m.

Small update: the targa roof is roughed in  the top plate will eventually go under the side ones.  Also working on making aluminum block off plates to clean up the interior.  This has been one of the more fun projects, nothing better than simple fab  

1 ... 9 10 11

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ol4GpytWHKUTsas6WQwLBomxqI9UZVlW7Q47J75tpOZcz4tDu4cx0yPz6BgWKCB1