sachilles
sachilles UltraDork
2/5/16 10:17 a.m.

This ought to be fun.

New karting series at my local track. I really don't know go-karts worth a damn. This one seemed like a good deal. Mostly ready to go, but I need to adapt it to my son's size. He's a bit smaller than the previous user.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj91/sachilles/Andrew%20new%20go%20kart/20160204_191937_zpsrgmmldib.jpg

mbruneaux
mbruneaux New Reader
2/5/16 11:52 a.m.

Very cool. I remember going to Thunder road when I lived in Barre, great track.

Ryed
Ryed New Reader
2/5/16 1:06 p.m.

If you need garage space before spring to do some wrenching, Mi casa es su casa.

rob_lewis
rob_lewis SuperDork
2/5/16 1:15 p.m.

Just like in a car, he'll need to be very snug in the seat. With those big wide tires front and back, there will be a lot g-load for most of the time he's driving. I've seen way too often a kid with a seat that's a little larger than it should be (because it's "comfortable") and the kid ends up with bruised or cracked ribs. With his suit and rib protector on, he should need to squeeze into the seat. It'll loosen as he drives but will save his ribs and avoid some pain.

Would hate to see him not want to do it because it hurts to drive.

-Rob

sachilles
sachilles UltraDork
2/5/16 1:20 p.m.

I've been looking into seats today. As the original is tired and fit a bigger butt. Intend to get him a cadet sized seat as he's tiny. 46" tall at the moment. I've done enough retail karting in loose seats to understand, along with my first race car seat being too loose.

sachilles
sachilles UltraDork
2/5/16 1:21 p.m.
Ryed wrote: If you need garage space before spring to do some wrenching, Mi casa es su casa.

Gracias. If I can get somebody to return some damn calls on a garage estimate....I might have one of those this year too.

sachilles
sachilles UltraDork
2/5/16 3:09 p.m.

This kart came with an engine, but I'd yet to determine if it works or if it's legal to run. I need to run an animal or a clone with a purple restrictor plate. Should I find myself on the hook for buying an engine, I'm open to suggestions of a good cost effective solution. I'd rather not spend a million bucks, but willing to spend more if it means we'll get more run time out of it. I care that he's safe, and learns a bunch. I don't care if he's been given a slower kart than his fellow racers.

trigun7469
trigun7469 Dork
2/5/16 3:27 p.m.

Beasley Composites makes really nice seats I currently run a laydown seat, takes some time to get use to compared to the sit-up seats. but I run sprint so not sure if that makes a difference.

sachilles
sachilles UltraDork
2/8/16 10:44 a.m.

Who can tell me what the part on the floor of the kart is? Directly under the steering shaft. Sort of piece of fabric secured to the floor with a metal disc and three bolts. Has a aluminum U that looks like some sort of bearing holder.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
weNQHnfPQUPXmyiWhBzHuueWcY82TP129ajOr3wjBJh610WWqWlTLfJnBaidDy8W