1 2
Basil Exposition
Basil Exposition Dork
3/22/14 3:38 a.m.

Great thread!! Nice to see an old, quality tool brought back to life.

Oh, to be single again. I mean, I love my wife, but there is just so much conditioned space in this house that is wasted on things like a dining room that we never use.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic UberDork
3/22/14 1:34 p.m.

In reply to Basil Exposition:

Other advantages include but are not limited to.

• I have a beer/liquor fridge in the living room, because its a good 30 ft walk to the kitchen, and alcohol cuts into space for meat and whatnot.

• There are car parts stacked everywhere.

• Zero concern is given to "decor", the living room carpet is remnants pulled from a construction dumpster. Couch from a basement. Drill press in the dining room. Whatever works.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic UberDork
3/25/14 4:13 p.m.

McMaster order has been placed for all the oddball stuff I'll need to fix the quill lock and mount the start cap.

Capacitor wiring detail, marine shrink wrap over exposed terminals.  photo P03-22-14_01-39_zpsf565e745.jpg

No room with a drill press is complete without a Starret fraction-decimal and tap drill poster.  photo P03-22-14_21-39_zps942aefd3.jpg

RossD
RossD PowerDork
3/26/14 8:40 a.m.

Looks nice!

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic UberDork
3/26/14 3:11 p.m.

One of these days I'll take some pics of the thing with not a potato.

NOHOME
NOHOME Dork
3/26/14 6:03 p.m.

Where have I seen one of those now eh? Oh Yeah... working like mad after all these years in my garage! I knew it was old, but never suspected that old.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 SuperDork
4/19/15 6:47 p.m.

More detail on the way you did the electralisys, Please. Seems perfect solution for my table saw resto.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic PowerDork
4/19/15 7:37 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13:

It really is that simple, negative to the rusty part, about 12 volts, a "dumb" battery charger would work great, you could probably just use tap water but a bit of washing soda added (laundry aisle) makes it work better. Keep an eye on it, make sure the paper towels are kept wet. One the relatively easy to electrolytically remove rust is gone, you will start (very slowly) depositing the part on the plate, so don't let it run too long.

Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to run a sealed beam headlight or two in series as a short circuit protection system/current limiter.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XlgDR506hvNR0dgkQVYfbCOOowDjjBdznVeX98aIRaZxfiG2u14U4vOZHiiyGjQW