ShawnG
ShawnG MegaDork
10/11/24 10:58 p.m.

So, about 8 months ago I bought a Model A engine from a guy in the next town over. 

He had a Model T in his garage as well and I told him that if he wanted to sell it, please call me first.

About a month ago the phone rang and today I dragged the old girl home.

It's a 1919 Touring. Canadian built car too.

Needs tires, new spokes, a good tune up. Maybe a couple new coils and the timer is out of whack. The transmission is way out of adjustment but it's all an easy fix

All of the top is missing, even the buggy rail.

I took it for a couple mile drive today. Should be a ton of fun.

Going to pick away at it and update when I can.

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/11/24 11:14 p.m.

Nice! Looking forward to hearing more.

Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
10/11/24 11:37 p.m.

etifosi
etifosi SuperDork
10/11/24 11:47 p.m.

That is truly the root of the grass of grassroots motoring and Motorsports. Produced before my long gone great-grandparents arrived on this continent, probably will still be chugging along after I'm gone, too. One day I'd like to drive one, it will be an unusual feeling to need someone to teach me how to drive!

Asking artificial intelligence to generate an image of a Model T Ford makes me feel 105 light-years away from the world  that car was born in.

ShawnG
ShawnG MegaDork
10/12/24 12:07 a.m.

Everyone should drive a T at least once. They're as different from a modern car as a modern car is from a horse and buggy.

I'm not really an owner at this point, just another caretaker. 

Rons
Rons GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/12/24 12:18 a.m.

If I dig around I might fight a picture of my dad's family move from Regina to Vancouver in a Model T.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
l78xdm9BYpOo44tEktuqcLuNlZbkFvAIW1MfwdDvtsEhdnMK9wJWeC7UKuIO0hIs