1 ... 7 8 9
Error404
Error404 HalfDork
12/8/22 4:00 p.m.

Well, the forum says it's been 7 months since I've updated but it feels longer than that. The Mustang has sat in the driveway for most, or all, of that time without moving. Life, work, kid, etc.... The usual stuff that we all have to work around and I'm still working on the balance. Before the end of the year I would like to hear the engine running right and it shouldn't take much. 

The first, and main, obstacle is the fuel table. She runs pig rich and only goes richer but the AFR is good. I strongly suspect an exhaust leak at the passenger collector flange. I have a pair of gaskets and orange RTV on hand but don't have easy space to get the car in the air. I also have a driver side gauge installed, which gives me options. I could cut and cross the signal outputs, giving the MS the driver bank, if I open up my harness. I could also tell TunerStudio(TS) to just look at that signal instead, but TS does not make that an apparent option. 

My second obstacle is the lack of cam signal. I'll double check that I have power and signal but my concern is that the MS/TS isn't looking for the signal to process it. There is so much that I don't understand about TS and, so far, the resources I have found are not very helpful. 

The bonus hurdle that I would be happy to have resolved is the brightness of the DD-EFI dash, it precludes driving at night. There's not apparent option on the Pi dash to adjust brightness via software and no hardware switch. An optical sensor and auto dim would be fabulous but I'll take anything. I have not reached out to the manufacturer, it's very much a back burner issue right now. I mention it here because of the wealth of knowledge this community has so I would not be at all surprised if someone has resolved a similar issue. 

If I can get these things resolved then I should be on track to re-debut the Mustang, with POWAH!, at Roebling in the spring. Ideally I'll be able to squeeze in a test&tune day at The FIRM before making the long drive to Pooler. I guess it's time to start dusting things off and get to work

cruisermatt
cruisermatt Reader
12/8/22 5:32 p.m.

did you evre do anything with those olive drag seats? Those are exaclty what I want for my crawler 

Error404
Error404 HalfDork
12/8/22 7:14 p.m.

In reply to cruisermatt :

The only thing I did with the seats was stick them, in the plastic, in the garage. They're currently holding up the pair of seats that came in the Mustang, if you need some Ford seats in pretty good shape as well.

To expound further on my short term Mustang goals, I'd like to get the battery positioned with a little more intention. Maybe even in a full battery box with the cut off switch that I have in my toolbox. I also need to track down the current drain that necessitates that I disconnect the battery before leaving the Mustang to sit for more than a couple hours. I'd love to cut some more weight but that means new body components. Really, though, I want to do some cosmetic work so she looks a little less like a hoopty and a lot more like something that I'm happy to show off.

Error404
Error404 HalfDork
12/11/22 9:30 p.m.

Tiny update to mark the end of the weekend. I did very little on the car but I did manage to find an old forum post that described my cam signal thing and the fix was both simple and obvious. The trigger wheel dropdown in the ignition settings menu should have been set to dual wheel missing tooth instead of single wheel missing tooth. I initially had it set to single because that seemed to make sense. I was wrong. I haven't had a chance to sit down and crank 'er over but as soon as I selected dual wheel TS switched over to full sequential and COP settings, then Burned with no errors. That is further than I have gotten before and very promising.

I also swapped the AFR signal wires so that, when I do get a chance to get it running the autotune should start correcting the VE table.

So long as there aren't any surprises with those 2 fixes the next items on the list are probably screen brightness and weather stripping all around. The weather stripping should go quickly so I'll probably try and get the new front sway installed along with the front tower brace. Also a parking brake, sooner would be better than later so that might get bumped up the list a bit.

1 ... 7 8 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Oto5ecmSDoyiANqYlygPLEwPGEAdkB6dZkVL2FkJlCtc0kYOxZ2hVjF9UIn74Ff4