Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
8/12/24 2:58 p.m.

Nice car. I've always felt that's the proper Chevrolet blue w/white dual stripe kit. 

akylekoz
akylekoz UberDork
8/13/24 6:43 a.m.

Wave at Dave is you see him on the Ile, he drives a 2017 Mustang or caged 95 Mustang, Mark VII, and other appliances.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
8/13/24 8:09 a.m.

Love it. Awesome car and color and seems like a great price. Unfortunately I'm in the "need a back seat in fun cars" part of my life. Good luck with the sale!!

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
8/13/24 9:15 a.m.

Paging JG. :) 

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
8/13/24 9:23 a.m.
David S. Wallens said:

Paging JG. :) 

At the Corvette Museum they have a display with two hoods that yu can pick up. One stock C5 hood and one CF Commemorative hood. It's shocking how much lighter the carbon one is,especially when you get to play with them back to back like that.

On our car, when it came time to cut some hood venting, I bought a used stock hood and cut it up. I hung the stock hood from the rafters in my garage with a couple other hoods from former projects I still have (the red Mustang and the yellow Neon). I eventually had to move the C5 hood because the tiniest breeze would just whip it around like crazy.

Anyway, I know we're all no strangers to how light and strong carbon fiber is, but 20 years ago, or a mass-market car from a mainstream brand, this was a pretty big deal.

And this is a great price for a great car.

nsxmr2elises2000
nsxmr2elises2000 PowerDork
8/13/24 10:21 a.m.

Beautiful.

Are the stripes painted or vinyl that they can be removed?

Drunkonunleaded
Drunkonunleaded HalfDork
8/13/24 11:03 a.m.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.  As JG noted, these are truly special cars and I am extremely fortunate enough to be able to enjoy this one as much as I did.  We've been all over the country together, from the UP to SC.  My only regret is that I never took the time to enjoy it on track, instead I was focused upon running my fleet of Neons (excellent cars in their own right).  Hopefully the next owner can rectify that.

Drunkonunleaded
Drunkonunleaded HalfDork
8/13/24 11:11 a.m.
nsxmr2elises2000 said:

Beautiful.

Are the stripes painted or vinyl that they can be removed?

They are vinyl and can be removed.  I've seen cars without them, they look excellent.  It should also be noted that LeMans Blue (this color) is different than the 02-03 Electron Blue.  LeMans Blue is a shade darker and seems to have a slight green tint in the sun (to me at least).

GM Licensed reproduction stripes are readily available from Phoenix Graphix.  $700 for the whole set.  Cheap by today's standards, IMO.

Drunkonunleaded
Drunkonunleaded HalfDork
8/14/24 10:30 a.m.

Deposit received.  Sale pending.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
8/14/24 10:44 a.m.

In reply to Drunkonunleaded :

Congrats all around. 

Drunkonunleaded
Drunkonunleaded HalfDork
8/16/24 8:32 p.m.

Accidentally deleted the OP thinking it'd delete the post.  Sorry about that.

Anyway, the car is off to a new owner.  Now it's time for me to find something new.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CHt0hzdbEvEiAJWOVKWa9l80gOr4SlLeCm7yK26GeGyBT135ccRrgfLBHpS6o9EC