nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/19/24 11:40 a.m.

1958 Panhard Dyna Z Project Kit

I’ve decided to half-heartedly attempt to move some of the “Future Projects” before I get to them.  This is one of those projects.  

1958 Panhard Dyna Z Body.  No OEM Suspension or Running Gear.  Plenty of unknown parts missing.  Very rusty floor/sills but exterior panels are in decent shape.  VERY GOOD PATINA.   All Glass is present and in useable condition.  Rear window is excellent, as are side windows.  Windshield has 1 rock chip through 1 layer by the passenger side.  Possibly epoxy injectable, but no cracks.  

Window seals are all shot.  Big nervous energy when you remove the literally irreplaceable windows to replace the seals.  It does look like the seal shape (or one that will work) is still available. 

Interior/exterior Door handles, window winders, trim and bumpers seem to all be there.  Taillights are broken but I have some similar bullet style lights that could be used.  

I can get more pictures of the interior if requested.  It's rough and will need new upholstery.  

2002 Miata Torsen Subframes.  Uprated brakes, aftermarket front swaybar included.  Bilstein B16 adjustable coilovers.

2 Subaru EJ22 engines with 1 5MT transmission.  I have wiring, and a unknown quality ECU.  The wiring and one EJ22 were in the Wartburg at a previous $2000 challenge.  The Wartburg ECU was lost but I have one from another EJ22 MT.  

Miata fuel tank with in tank pump.

The idea was to build a simple ladder type tunnel frame to support the two miata subframes.  Convert the 5MT to RWD by welding the center diff and running a EJ to build a cruiser.  Use the OEM subframe mounts on the Panhard (You will understand when you see them) and rely on the large sills from the Unibody Panhard to give the car more rigidity.  

$2000 firm for all.  At this time I am not interested in parting it out..  I either want it all to disappear or I will let it sit in the garage until I get to it.  

I will look, if I have them I will include a Miata pedal cluster and steering column and other random parts I find that may make this an easier project.  

At that price I don’t have any 15” wheels that would go with it.  I could give you a set of 14” miata Daisy wheels but they will not clear the NB brakes.  

For $500 more I can include some 15x9” TR motorsports C3M wheels with old but useable 225/45/15 BFG Rival S Tires.  

I don't have time to do this one right now and hope someone wants to build a really unique cruiser/challenge car.  The EJ engine was my choice because of the commonality of layout with the original opposed engine.  

Located Central Illinois.

​​​​​

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/21/24 12:07 p.m.

I realize the "I have this EJ in the garage so I will use it" engines may be reducing my already limited buyer pool.  I would sell the Car+Subframes+Coilovers for $1500.  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3iAku5iClf3DvC5SDOPeY084KO5pY6403Eg3ioHBFsBGyFj1Yy5XfpNE6cvAGku2