HopmanJones
HopmanJones Reader
5/26/24 8:34 a.m.

I just picked this car up from a fellow Rallycrosser over the winter with the intention to run it during the 2024 season, but an impending move forces an early sale. 

This car was MF champ in both the 2023 Susquehanna and DC Rallycross seasons (in the hands of another, more capable driver). It has been highly modified:

1.8 BP engine swap (as in the Miata BP, but this one is from a Kia Sephia)

DIY Rally suspension setup (inverted VW Bilsteins in front, Ford Econobox GT suspension in back). Original suspension mount points are in tact so someone could revert back to stock suspension setup.

Gutted interior, includes harness bar w/harness

Free weight reduction via rusty rockers (that have been patched...mostly).

Since buying it I have done some basic maintenance like new plugs, wires, motor mounts, and RX-7 ball joints to get a little more negative camber to account for the slight lift. 

The car is surprising fun, quick and very competitive, but it's pretty rough and rowdy. Great for a rallycross car, but it's not something you'd want to drive around outside of motorsports. Generally runs pretty good, but I think a valve seal is leaking as it does smoke at startup if it's been sitting, and it doesn't idle well when cold if the IACV is unplugged, but has a surging idle when it is plugged in. I just haven't had a chance to figure that out yet. 

I will work to get more details and pics for anyone remotely interested. For now I just wanted to get it listed as I work through all the stuff that goes along with relocating. 

Located in South Central PA, asking $2,000 OBO

wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L)
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/26/24 11:44 a.m.

I always thought this was a nice looking little platform with plenty of potential. Good Luck With Sale!

HopmanJones
HopmanJones Reader
6/1/24 2:50 p.m.

Considering offers or trades for Miata parts! Or maybe even partial trade credit to a more DD-able fun little hatchback 

HopmanJones
HopmanJones Reader
7/10/24 9:19 a.m.

Sold

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lAmHnOjTvjf7LfPtjCV79fyjaOdJtpnrwkOeF6a8AuZjOliL9INzXM4F9AFM4cgZ