NMNA.

dan0
dan0 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/10/24 3:37 p.m.

Ahh just far enough away from me...

johndej
johndej SuperDork
3/10/24 3:38 p.m.

Lol I'm local and tempted (already have a metro 2 and mb5) but know i don't have time to mess with. Note honda did a few things to limit the metro 2 to 30 mph, not the easiest to reverse but is doable. 

Flynlow
Flynlow Dork
3/10/24 3:44 p.m.

No title, have keys...stolen?

dan0
dan0 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/10/24 3:58 p.m.

People never seem to have titles for small engine powersports. I think because most finance them from the dealer new, so they get a certificate of origin but has lienholder info written in. Gets lost or never gets forwarded to the next buyer. Since they don't get registered, a duplicate title can't be requested from a state licensing body.

Flynlow
Flynlow Dork
3/10/24 4:08 p.m.

In reply to dan0 :

Maybe.  I am looking for some cheap pit bikes/dirt bikes for the land and got excited, saw the location, got really excited, and saw the ad and it went away.

Stolen scooters are enough of a problem in Richmond that they have mandatory registration.  Not sure how much of an effect it had.  

https://www.dmv.virginia.gov/sites/default/files/forms/dmv264.pdf

johndej
johndej SuperDork
3/10/24 4:09 p.m.

That and under 50 cc don't need license. I was able to follow this with Bill of sale and get title for barn find MB5. Ran a vin check to see not reported stolen and got the one form notarized at bank

https://www.dmv.virginia.gov/vehicles/registration/moped

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/10/24 8:58 p.m.

In reply to johndej :

Please start a thread on the MB5! 

I was a little kid when they came out. I remember being excited by the tv commercials, but it was as if Honda was keeping the actual displacement a secret. It was probably ten years before I learned that they were only 49cc. 

johndej
johndej SuperDork
3/10/24 9:34 p.m.

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

Since these two sold will thread jack a bit as don't have much documentation and this was a slow roll.

As of December it was able to run and drive up and down the alley at my youngest brother's (B1) place where it still sits but a jumbled 2 year process. 

Uncle texted me about a girl I went to high-school school with, who's still in hometown, bought a property with bike left in shed, needs gone. My other brother (B2) still is local so cashapp exchanges and it ends up dropped at his place. Gives it a once over, locked up but complete, drops at my place on way to beach. I confimed spark and gas tank doesn't leak, brakes work, etc. Do whole MMO/ATF soak for a few weeks, get it freed up by pulling head and tapping piston with dowel. Slap it back together and both move and have more kids.

B1 takes it home in exchange for random horse trades we've worked and puts a new carb or rebuilds current. It fires up and goes through gears. Then we've thrown new tubes/tires/bulbs/etc. at it that he's installed. I made it to DMV couple of weeks ago and got tags/title and dropped those off but has been awful weather anytime I've been by his place so haven't been able to put any miles on it myself. 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/11/24 4:46 a.m.

In reply to johndej :

Cool! Thank you!

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
3/11/24 12:23 p.m.

Another Cool pit bike for $200.  Even has a receiver hitch!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zw5dLyKiNse9TeQhg1JfXFwriuNFOknF4vLhDeOLDdwL1XSqyP6T3MS7NGcx606O