sponge
sponge New Reader
6/17/24 4:01 p.m.

Hello everyone. It is with deep remorse that I am selling my 2003 WRX wagon. Its time. I am original owner to the car. No crash history, well maintained, Florida car, adult owned etc. Hand washed and waxed. I have spent the last 20 plus years modding it. I will try to list everything:

White wagon, 5 speed manual, 17" wheels, tires at 35% tread, Koni yellows, Eibachs, rear sway, cowl braces, ss brake lines, new brakes f/r, 3" turbo back, VF 48, STi injectors, STi guage cluster, 3 row radiator, Grimmspeed crank pulley, Cobb pro tune, Perrin inlet, TMIC, walbro 255, IAG oil air seperator, Torque Solutions engine mounts and dog bone, and some more I am sure. Its been 20 years worth. I have most of the stock parts.

I had a used long block installed a 6 years ago (Japan EJ205 emissions take out ~50K KM). Car has 189K miles on the body. Engine is now closer to 85K miles. I swapped engines to refresh prior to the current turbo setup and to solve some fluid leaks on the old engine. The old engine in my garage and is for sale too. Head gaskets were performed last year. These big items were completed by pro shops.

The car has a few dings, front bumper scuffs, and rock chips. Interior is clean but has 189K of normal wear. The steering wheel is probably the only thing I would change soonest as the leather is peeling. Here are some pics of the exterior. Some of you may have seen it at the Rolex 24 GRM coral over the years. I can take more and I am happy share more history. Interior needs to be detailed but I can send pics upon request too.

As far as the price, I have very little to comp to. BAT had a few sold recently for $15-20K. I don't believe my car is that level, so I am going to start with $12.5K OBO. I really just want this car to find a good home and not end up destroyed. I have a lot of blood and sweat equity in the car.

Please call/text 904 four one six nine three four three. I am in North Florida area.

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
6/17/24 4:03 p.m.

I'm confident someone here is going to give it the loving home it deserves.

Good luck with the sale.

sponge
sponge New Reader
6/19/24 2:30 p.m.

In reply to Colin Wood :

Thanks Colin!

sponge
sponge New Reader
7/9/24 4:15 p.m.

I paused this for a few weeks since my electric toaster was back ordered. Anyone interested? Drove it this morning with the windows open. Going to miss all the wonderful noises.

Some other items in the last couple years:

New brakes f/r

New ball joints

New front CVs

New main ground wire

New battery

Thanks everyone.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand UberDork
7/9/24 9:00 p.m.

I'm imagining the sound. GLWS!

EchoTreeSix
EchoTreeSix New Reader
7/10/24 12:38 p.m.

I'm kind of interested. Looking for something different as a "daily".. not that I drive much. Where in FL are you? Do you have more pics? 

sponge
sponge New Reader
7/10/24 1:39 p.m.

In reply to EchoTreeSix :

I am north of Saint Augustine. Text me I will send you pics. Its my current daily.

ojannen
ojannen HalfDork
7/10/24 2:10 p.m.

Now that you don't really care about the paint, take it to the next rallycross at The FIRM.  Put a for sale sign in the window for your runs.

sponge
sponge New Reader
7/16/24 1:54 p.m.

New car is scheduled next week. How about $10,500? I am going to post to the Subaru forum in the next day or two. There is quite the eclectic collection of used modded wrxs out there. This car needs a safe space. A trust tree perhaps.

sponge
sponge New Reader
7/30/24 2:09 p.m.

I post the car to FB Marketplace over the weekend. One person asked about how much power it made. 275 to the wheels. It was tuned by a Subaru tuner that goes by Jr Tuned. Very reputable tuner.

$9500 to someone here? I have 10K just in the recent motor build (and head gaskets). Want to give her a good home. Four cars and two drivers makes for a busy driveway.

Thanks all.

sponge
sponge New Reader
8/20/24 1:53 p.m.

Bump. Price drop to $8,999. A serious buyer fell through since he was unable to sell his car. A guy in Montana ghosted me after expressing interested for a week or two. Dang x2.

Thanks for looking.

RyanGreener (Forum Supporter)
RyanGreener (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
8/20/24 3:03 p.m.

Just sold my NC2 to make room for another boxer powered car (911) but would have loved to try this out. Never had a Subaru before...

sponge
sponge New Reader
8/21/24 12:02 p.m.

In reply to RyanGreener (Forum Supporter) :

Thanks Ryan. Funny I was just thinking how it would be nice to have a Miata one day when the kids are grown. I would keep the suby if I had room. The way it is setup now is how I wanted it all along. Good power. A blast to drive. Just the right amount of NVH. Still makes me smile every time I start it.

I detailed and took a ton of pictures of the interior if anyone wants to see them. Phone number in post #1

thebigchill
thebigchill New Reader
9/3/24 3:45 p.m.

I miss my bugeye wrx wagon, and while I don't need this at all, I'm intrigued. Original transmission? I'll call you this week.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cJAlpqDULFCFvlEuvQJgIFXAMXimlta7drcowQnvQWkSnqdHfjZDh1YGAHmnBqiR