SloeJoe
SloeJoe
9/14/21 10:41 a.m.

This rare 2006 Ford E-350 Econoline Chateau Super Duty Diesel is a high capacity tow vehicle that can drag your trailer, your gang, and a heap of supplies on your next road trip. More details here:

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=598720006

A 35-gallon tank gives incredible range. I bought it in 2012 from a NJ resident, and it spent the next 9 years in the Philly suburbs. It is barely broken in with only 83,000 miles. This well-mannered beast is offered with a clean Carfax and clean PA title. A cold start video is on YouTube. (search for: "cold start diesel chateau")

Econoline interior is MUCH larger than a full-size SUV. This Chateau is fitted with four captain’s chairs, a third-row bench, rear AC/system, extra power outlets, and individual overhead lighting. With the bench out, it has enough floor area for a twin-size mattress to lie flat. Ford lists the following:
> 6.0 turbo diesel with 570 Ft-Lb of torque (when new)
> Super Duty 5R110W Transmission
> 3.55 limited slip differential, 4-wheel disk brakes
> Heavy Duty Towing Package, extendable mirrors, trailer brake control
> 10,000 pound maximum loaded trailer weight
> “Extra Heavy Duty” Alternator, 110v engine block heater
> To match the van’s size, Ford installed front QUART holders, not cup holders.

E-350’s are built to simultaneously haul heavy loads in the back and pull a trailer. It rode very well with a pallet of Belgian block inside. Overall, the truck looks great. It was repainted in the Fall to fix dings and repair a shallow "stripe" from traffic. Underside mechanicals have surface rust. Body panels show minimal corrosion. I added the following:
> Anti-sway bars, 17” wheels, and 265x70 tires.
> Original wheels now wear STUDDED snow tires.
> Pioneer double-DIN receiver, four 6x8 Infinity Kappas, separate tweeters, Bluetooth, microphone, back-up camera
> Glass Euro H4 headlights
> New front seat bottoms. Painted seat backs scuffs. Looks fine to me, but the price is discounted to buy new backs.

The Van passed PA inspection but will need a cat-back exhaust next year.

RacingComputers
RacingComputers GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/15/21 2:18 p.m.

Please reach out to Racingcomputers@yahoo.com

Thanks

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QAG0RYMuusrZbU4lf0vw8ZS0qFDNzhz36Dlz9rhTWG6iPqwLHIaP4BhispgrBEQ7