02Pilot
02Pilot PowerDork
8/20/24 2:08 p.m.

***SOLD 14 Oct 2024.***

2008 Audi A6 Quattro S-Line

This is a 2008 Audi A6 Quattro S-Line in Night Blue Pearl over Cardamom Beige leather. In addition to the S-Line exterior package, it also has the Premium Package (see below for full details). The car has 114k miles and has been dealer maintained since it was purchased as a CPO car circa 2011. It was my brother's car for the last four years, and my mother's before that - as my mother no longer drives and my brother has gotten a new car, I have been asked to sell it. I posted a tentative for sale thread here when it was first discussed, but I did not have possession of the car to go over it. I've had it for a month now and can give a much better account of it.

First, the good. It starts, runs, and drives well. The 3.2 FSI V6 pulls strongly, makes no weird noises, and does not smoke. The 6-speed automatic transmission shifts crisply either by itself or with the paddle shifters; the sport mode works as it should. The suspension is fairly taut but comfortable, and the car steers smoothly and handles well. The brakes are very effective.

The interior is clean and bright, and the switchgear works as it should, as do the power front seats with memory, the rear split folding seats, and the dual zone climate control.

All four original keys, two of them folding with remotes, are present and working.

The car has had no accidents, there is no rust save for one narrow 1" area where the rear bumper meets the left quarter panel (almost invisible and a pretty easy repair, if you're so inclined; see photo), and the Check Engine light is off. There are no modifications. Clean title in hand.

The Premium Package includes:

Power glass sunroof

Heated front seats

Bi-xenon headlights

Autodimming rearview mirror

Electrically folding heated sideview mirrors

BOSE sound system

It has been maintained by the local dealer, and all services and repairs have been done with OE parts. In advance of sale, I recently replaced brake pads on all four corners, spark plugs, and the fuel filler cap.

Next, the less good. The body shows evidence of its 18 years of existence, with scuffs and scrapes concentrated on the rear bumper. There are a few small dings as well, and one rocker panel was bumped from below and dented a bit, but overall it is very presentable. Similarly, the interior is very good but not perfect; there are scuffs on the door sill plates and other minor imperfections. There is one small bullseye in the windshield, passenger's side, a couple inches up from the dash - not noticeable in normal use.

There are a few existing faults. The right side mirror electrical adjustment is intermittent (likely the switch), the outer tie rod ends are a tiny bit loose, and the valve cover gaskets are leaking a bit (I have new OE parts for the last two items that will be included if I don't have time to install them before sale). It shows DTCs for the front door central locking units, the alarm horn, and ignition switch, but I have not encountered any problems with these. There are no other faults. I can send a full scan report to anyone interested.

There are two sets of wheels and tires available, each with its own issues:

Set #1 is the factory original 18" 5-spokes with 245/40-18s. Three of these tires are in fine shape (tread depths range from 8 to 10/32nds), and are the Audi OE Pirelli P7. The fourth one has a small bubble and needs to be replaced (a new tire is about $210). The full size spare matches this set.

Set #2 is an OE Audi set of 17" double 5-spokes (bought here on GRM) with 245/45-17s. These tires, General Altimax RT43s, are essentially new and ready to go. The same cannot be said for the TPMS sensors, which are nonfunctional. These are the wheels shown in the photos.

Both sets show signs of light curbing, but are straight and balance properly.

It's a very solid, unmolested car, and if I had a use for it, I'd keep it. But I don't, so it goes. The various car valuations sites put it between ~$5400 and ~$6200 for private party sale. If and when I have to list it to the general public, which I would very much like to avoid, I'll be in the middle of that range at $5800 with one set of wheels. The GRM price is $4800 with both sets of wheels included.

I'm happy to answer any questions, take additional photos, and go over the car in whatever level of detail you might like prior to purchase - just PM me. Car is located about an hour north of NYC.

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
8/21/24 9:22 a.m.

Well, we'd have enough room for our kiddo's seat–and room for her to grow when she doesn't need a seat anymore. Hmm...

02Pilot
02Pilot PowerDork
8/21/24 9:55 a.m.

In reply to Colin Wood :

Both front seats are pretty far back in those photos. Let me know if you want a shot with them pulled forward to gauge the available rear seat space.

02Pilot
02Pilot PowerDork
8/24/24 6:39 p.m.

Gentle, only slightly gratuitous, bump with a photo of one of the alternate (stock) wheels.

Someone please buy this. If it doesn't sell here, I'm going to have to post it to the general public next week, and I really, really don't want to deal with the consequences of doing so.

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
9/30/24 2:32 p.m.

Hey someone buy this so 02Pilot can afford a Rollei 35AFwink

02Pilot
02Pilot PowerDork
9/30/24 3:09 p.m.

In reply to Colin Wood :

I see what you did there...

Thanks for the bump.

02Pilot
02Pilot PowerDork