white_averson
white_averson Reader
9/13/23 3:06 p.m.

Figured I would list this here as well. Asking $17,000 elsewhere, if someone on GRM is interested I'm at $15,000 currently. Telling myself I'm going to start building a house this year and need a truck to get materials, etc. Things worth mentioning that aren't in the ad. TPMS module is fried from water getting behind the taillight which is strangely common. Idle bounces around on cold starts which also seems common but I can't find any clear cause for it.

1addicts post: https://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2041661

Marketplace: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1803295376778687/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/13/23 4:42 p.m.

LOL, had the same problem with TPMS on my E92.  GLWS, that's a crisp little car.

myusdmcavalier
myusdmcavalier New Reader
9/14/23 8:17 a.m.

sounds like a good deal even with that blown tpms module. id rather have the v10 m5 but I'd bet it'd be fun.

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
9/14/23 8:58 a.m.
myusdmcavalier said:

sounds like a good deal even with that blown tpms module. id rather have the v10 m5 but I'd bet it'd be fun.

I've heard that V10 is an absolute nightmare to maintain, but a part of me doesn't really care–it's a V10.

And yeah, I feel like a 128 is a lot of fun on and off the track.

white_averson
white_averson Reader
9/14/23 9:50 a.m.

Car has been great. It is fun to drive and has treated me well for the last 2 years. I really should get the TPMS coded to the euro version to get rid of the light. The water getting in the car was more of humorous inconvenience once I figured out why the light was on.

brandonsmash
brandonsmash GRM+ Memberand New Reader
9/14/23 10:17 a.m.
Colin Wood said:
myusdmcavalier said:

I've heard that V10 is an absolute nightmare to maintain, but a part of me doesn't really care–it's a V10.

And yeah, I feel like a 128 is a lot of fun on and off the track.

A buddy of mine has a V10 M6. He bought it thinking that the common complaints regarding the V10 maintenance and repair were overblown. He was incorrect, and has had to spend quite a lot of time and money on that engine.

On the other hand, V10. V10! 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IqnT1Avy8xVcJuHFOI4aAEmmB6sGrIOyVS8tmicd6s4Xuk1Juiv3FXnOVNPhrRkq