Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
7/4/24 10:19 a.m.

(It's actually a Limited)

I've owned this car exactly 3 years & enjoyed every single minute.  In 2022 I said (& still say) the only car that would get me to sell it is a Corolla GR.  Well, I looked at one yesterday and it looks like it's time...

Bought from ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  in 2021, he would have some history before that.  But here we go:

SBD turbo w/ MAPerformance exhaust and resonator

IRP short shifter (I'm going to miss that)

ACT Clutch

rear seat delete

Takata harness bar

17x9 Rota Titan +42 wheels with 255/40-17 Indy 500 tires (bought last year), extended studs

Eibach sportline springs (have OEMS and a 1" lift)

Carbon fiber steering wheel

Light bar wired into fog light switch

Skid plate (should be in the garage)

4 OEM wheels with questionable tires you could drift away

2 key fobs, one with brand new battery

Bucket of parts including old fogs & assorted trim

Keyless start & all that stuff

--Rebuilt title due to a mishap on the right rear side, it was smacked into an embankment.  Airbags involved.  He sells it to someone that adds turbo, etc and rallycrosses it.  That person sells it to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  who fixes the damage and replaces the airbags, sells it to me in 2021.  Photos show where the damage was, frame was never damaged.

-- The air conditioning was iffy since purchase, up until Sept last year I would recharge it for $25 in the driveway (didn't even use the leak sealer stuff) & it would last me a couple months.  Last time I noticed it was getting low & recharged, the next day it was low again.  So wherever the leak is, it got worse.  (I think it's just a leak somewhere but definitely more than just "iT jUsT nEeDs ChArGeD")

--Oil changed in April, they mentioned a control arm was loose, and the front brakes were about 3-4mm and starting to pit the rotors.

Other than the above mentioned, it's still a great car, the turbo sounds wonderful, I love that shifter, it handles nicely.  I was going to fix the above but got curious how the GR Corolla market was and what do you know, they are actually available now.  I'm planning to buy one this weekend.

I paid $9K for it if I remember correctly, had some maintenance done over time, new tires last year.  I feel like I got a good deal and want to pass that on to someone here.

$7K takes everything listed above.  Southern Dayton OH.

EchoTreeSix
EchoTreeSix New Reader
7/4/24 10:41 a.m.

Aw man, I wish I was in the market. Looks like a fun car. I'm sure someone will grab it up fast! 

maisgelb
maisgelb GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/4/24 5:21 p.m.

I'm interested and local. I'd like to stop by for a closer look. We met a few years ago when you were considering an Elise. I've been thinking about getting a track car that doesn't have me worried about breaking fiberglass and this seems like a good fit.

Karl

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
7/4/24 5:26 p.m.

In reply to maisgelb :

I'd be happy to show it this weekend, I was grateful for letting me see and drive the Lotus! Send me a message and we'll figure it out.

nderwater
nderwater MegaDork
7/5/24 10:47 a.m.

Wow, that looks like a ton of fun.  Any idea how much power it's making with the turbo?

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
7/5/24 3:29 p.m.

In reply to nderwater :

I was told it was possibly an extra 50HP or so, never dynoed because I didn't care.  It's fun whatever it is.

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
7/7/24 6:43 p.m.
Jerry said:

In reply to maisgelb :

I'd be happy to show it this weekend, I was grateful for letting me see and drive the Lotus! Send me a message and we'll figure it out.

We figured it out... SOLD!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ohyVFlqvmtWt6zvCqgec7yPwRBMDVNZnbY4q2nkmuNuw7A6F4JZyR6s01cpngSUm