Cooper_Tired
Cooper_Tired Dork
2/7/24 3:10 p.m.

That's a crazy deal. I've seen crappier 87-up rollers for 8k

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/7/24 3:12 p.m.

In reply to Cooper_Tired :

You are right. I would have put it on FB for $5500 just for the aggravation factor. This group just makes it so much easier to buy and sell cars.

It's my 7th one through this group. Bought 2 miatas, 2 integra, and an element and sold a mustang and xterra. 

calteg
calteg SuperDork
2/7/24 4:10 p.m.

Glad I didn't see this earlier, that's a dead ringer for my very first car, down to the color. Mine was a slicktop, red w/white vinyl

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
2/7/24 4:28 p.m.

I'm excited to get this Mustang.  I plan to park it between my 85 911 and 85 Supra.  The Supra also came from a GRM member.

chandler
chandler MegaDork
2/7/24 4:34 p.m.
Cotton said:

I'm excited to get this Mustang.  I plan to park it between my 85 911 and 85 Supra.  The Supra also came from a GRM member.

Always glad to see you posting!

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
2/7/24 4:56 p.m.

In reply to chandler :

Thanks man,  I'm still a lurker,  but life's craziness gets in the way of my forum activities.  My car habit/addiction is worse than ever though....just ask Cherrod/Yupididit! Lol

bmw88rider
2/7/24 5:36 p.m.

I forgot about the 85 911. You will have 1985 covered in your garage for sure. I'm going to be happy to see it in a good home :) 

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/9/24 2:55 p.m.
Cotton said:

In reply to chandler :

Thanks man,  I'm still a lurker,  but life's craziness gets in the way of my forum activities.  My car habit/addiction is worse than ever though....just ask Cherrod/Yupididit! Lol

Absolutely true lol. 

I'm about to land some property soon that should have a shop, I'll be right behind you. 

bmw88rider
2/19/24 11:11 a.m.

Car Delivered to Cotton over the weekend. Enjoy it! 

docwyte
docwyte UltimaDork
2/19/24 10:47 p.m.

In reply to bmw88rider :

Xterra's running great.  Actually using is as my daily until I find another car for myself.

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
2/20/24 9:42 a.m.

Bmw88rider is a great guy to buy from.  He made everything easy and all the spare parts were packed and organized really well.  I even got a free dvd!  (Let me know if that was a mistake and you want it back.)

Here are a couple of pictures.  One on the trailer of course, and the next in my garage while I work up a parts list.

bmw88rider
2/20/24 10:47 a.m.

The DVD was a bit of a joke :) I mean who doesn't like Mad Max.

Enjoy the vintage Alpine. That was the same model I had installed in my 85 mustang back in the 90s. Just felt it needed to stay with the car. 

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
2/20/24 12:56 p.m.

In reply to bmw88rider :

That's awesome,  yeah I love that movie.  Also,  the Alpine will definitely be going in.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
2/20/24 1:45 p.m.

I'm sort of glad this got sold before the check that is literally in today's mail got here. It's just about the exact wrong car to be perfect. 

Loweguy5
Loweguy5 GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/20/24 8:43 p.m.

I am so happy I saw this after it was sold.   We take an annual trip from CT to see family in MO each summer so it wouldn't have been much further to you.   I've owned a 79, 85 GT, 89 LX 5.0, 2 x 92 LX 5.0, 1 x 92 LX 5.0 convertible, a 20 GT Premium and my current 08 GT.   While I had no need for it, that would have made a great addition to the team.   Some might say I have a problem.

Congratulations on the sale, that was a great deal.

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
6/11/24 12:07 p.m.

I'm terrible at build threads,  so thought I'd post a quick update here.  Lots of work over the last several months,  but I was able to successfully drive the Mustang to work today.  Around 25 miles with a combination of interstate and two lane.   I even ran the ac!  It was a lot of fun bringing this one back to life.

bmw88rider
6/11/24 12:33 p.m.

In reply to Cotton :

Awesome. She looks great. Definitely found the right home! 

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
6/11/24 12:41 p.m.

In reply to bmw88rider :

Thanks man,  I'm about to install that vintage Alpine deck you included! 
 Next up,  I'm thinking shocks and springs.  If the current ones are not original,  they are very old and should be replaced.  As it sits right now it's a great cruiser though,  especially with the t-tops out.

jfryjfry
jfryjfry UltraDork
6/12/24 8:15 p.m.

Please do a build thread! And highlight all of the problems that will make me glad that I didn't buy this instead of you...

bmw88rider
6/13/24 8:54 a.m.

In reply to Cotton :

They very well could be original shocks. I wouldn't be surprised if they are.

You should have the spindles in the o'reilly box to go up to the 87-93 struts up front and the 11" front brakes. That will help with strut selection. 

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
6/13/24 9:04 a.m.

Love it! Love seeing some 10-hole wheels, too. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lZCvEsYZhg0TUP6uorAgVwjI9orUoPs8XilMz4693GoWM3ralAaGRJnqTsqSfk5l