booley
booley New Reader
10/17/23 8:52 a.m.
  1. I have (2) GT6's available with a 40+ year collection of Triumph parts. One is a 1973, this is a complete car however the engine is bad. Included will be a good engine. The second car is a 1972 and requires a little more attention. This car was intended to be a racer so it needs completion. It has a Detroit locker with 4.11 gears. Competition ​​​​​​​springs(from Triumph) This car has lived inside a garage for most of it's life. Both cars are rustfree

Make offer...

akylekoz
akylekoz UltraDork
10/17/23 9:24 a.m.

Ummm.  Pictures please.

I see you are in NY, this is good as you are far enough away to not temp me.

My dream of a 2.3 Lima powered GT6 Lemons racecar are all here.  Sadly it will not happen.

lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter)
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) Dork
10/17/23 6:02 p.m.

Seller wants $12,000 for everything. 

dherr (Forum Supporter)
dherr (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/17/23 7:27 p.m.

Unfortunately, while there may be 12K in value here, these cars are only worth a fraction of what they can get when they are restored.  I know as I sold a really nice one on BAT while back here. I had another 73 that was a project, that was as rust free as you can find, but could only get $3,500 for it.  There was a local guy with a 72 GT6 and supposedly 6-10K in new parts (all from 10+ years ago). Car was severely rusty, but he had all the quarters, fenders, rockers, floors to fix it, plus a bunch of suspension and interior parts. But he had it at 6K, 5K, 4K when I last saw it and it recently sold, my guess to someone with cash in hand and a trailer. The two cars in this ad, sound similar, two rough projects and a bunch of parts, but not worth 6K. Rust free cars are ideal, but every car has some rust, even the recent car I picked up from the New Mexico desert, but much better than the normal East Coast cars.  I have sold several rust free bodies recently, one for $3,500 without a title and one for $5,000 for a nice roundtail project but minus the drivetrain.  I am picking up a similar car this weekend, TR250, rusty but worth restoring with all the parts the owner collected over the journey. Sometimes you just have to wait until the owner becomes realistic about the situation, these cars are a lot of work and they don't fix themselves sitting in the garage surrounded by all the "new" parts unfortunately!

10/17/23 9:07 p.m.

It was the OP's first post yet he's been a member for 15 years? 

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
10/18/23 8:21 a.m.

Booley, if you send pics to me, I will post them for you.  If you have no means to upload I'm ~30 miles away and can take some if you'd like.

booley
booley New Reader
10/18/23 2:14 p.m.
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) said:

Seller wants $12,000 for everything. 

Offers accepted, I had to start somewhere...

booley
booley New Reader
10/18/23 2:17 p.m.
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) said:

It was the OP's first post yet he's been a member for 15 years? 

Is there a problem with that? I think I joined when I actually subscribed to the magazine...I listed the cars on FB marketplace and CL, then remembered this place...

booley
booley New Reader
10/18/23 2:40 p.m.

Some of the parts:

new 3.63 diff from Rimmers 

aluminum diff case from Canleys

aluminum rear lower wishbones from Canleys

aluminum flywheel 

triple webers (with manifold)

triple strombergs (with manifold)

4 or 5 differentials 

2 or 3 transmissions ( including 1 w/overdrive)

Goodparts roller rockers 

CV conversion kit 

Canleys big brake kit 

rear disc conversion kit (from Joe Siam)

Canleys trunnionless conversion kit 

aluminum water pump with billet pulley 

theres gotta be more stuff I can't think of right now...

dherr (Forum Supporter)
10/18/23 2:55 p.m.

That is quite a wish list! Are the parts on one of the cars or are these just the parts you collected for the restoration? Any interest in selling some of items separately? 

bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter)
bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/18/23 5:21 p.m.

Are you interested in selling some of your parts separately?

dherr (Forum Supporter)
10/18/23 6:08 p.m.
bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter) said:

Are you interested in selling some of your parts separately?

I got first "dibs" on the following smiley

aluminum rear lower wishbones from Canleys
triple strombergs (with manifold)
Canleys big brake kit 
rear disc conversion kit (from Joe Siam)

10/18/23 8:36 p.m.

In reply to booley :

No sir, just unusual and that's all I was pointing out. 

I'm in northeast PA and have a vintage Spitfire race car. If you do eventually part-out the cars and parts, I would love to take a ride up and look at what you have.

10/18/23 8:53 p.m.

I would be interested in the flywheel and roller rockers and maybe the CV conversion. I built my own but it is untested. If this is one of the Canley kits it's probably an easier plug and play.

booley
booley New Reader
10/21/23 9:17 a.m.

I would be interested in the flywheel and roller rockers and maybe the CV conversion. I built my own but it is untested. If this is one of the Canley kits it's probably an easier plug and play.

The race car was supposed to be converted to Datsun 510 axles, the conversion was begun but never completed. I'm pretty sure I still have all those parts. The Canleys kit I picked up from someone else.

All the parts listed have just been accumulated over the years but never installed on either car. If I end up selling one car separately, I'll probably also separate some of the parts...

10/21/23 11:04 a.m.
booley said:

The race car was supposed to be converted to Datsun 510 axles, the conversion was begun but never completed. I'm pretty sure I still have all those parts. The Canleys kit I picked up from someone else.

All the parts listed have just been accumulated over the years but never installed on either car. If I end up selling one car separately, I'll probably also separate some of the parts...

Let me know if you sell the parts. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jpTSw7wDrSyHHBZAWaHAt3qklsvlQRswApYVGtYTTlvpijismd4sXCwO8qPywrTR