1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16
plance1
plance1 Dork
12/5/13 12:45 a.m.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2013/12/04/ford-mustang-2015-styling-chassis-engines/3820457/

Like I said, damn thing looks exactly like a Hyundai Genesis I tell ya!

plance1
plance1 Dork
12/5/13 12:46 a.m.

Relax haters, I keed......

Driven5
Driven5 Reader
12/5/13 1:58 a.m.
bravenrace wrote: ...the new Mustang is an evolution of every Mustang before it...it becomes evident what a remarkable job Ford did on this car...there is also a certain Aston Martin model that borrowed heavily from the Mustang...

That's so quaint...You crack me up!

z31maniac
z31maniac UltimaDork
12/5/13 6:25 a.m.
Rufledt wrote: ok it's growing on me, now I like the way it looks. If it's even a little bit smaller than the old one and a few hundred pounds lighter, I'm going to have to try very hard to not tell my brother the Ford salesman how much I like it or he may end up trying to sell me one. The fact that I have WAY not enough money for a new $30k+ car would make the test drive all the more painful...

Hehe, for my 32 mile round trip commute, the insurance and gas added another 50% to payment not including the maintenance.

A bit later on in life I'll have another one.

stan
stan GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/5/13 6:45 a.m.

Ok. First thing I saw this morning after going to my yahoo page was a full screen splash with the new Mustang. I really like the rear end and wish we weren't saddled with the mandatory front configurations. It would have been interesting to see what the designers would have done without that mandate..

...and a 2015 car being shown in 2013. Welcome to the 21st century I guess.

Oh, and I want one.

Storz
Storz Dork
12/5/13 7:00 a.m.

I'm sold.

RossD
RossD PowerDork
12/5/13 7:04 a.m.

I like it. Anyone see a published weight as of yet?

mazdeuce
mazdeuce SuperDork
12/5/13 7:12 a.m.

That article above mentions the 1.5 inch lower roof but also the 2.3 inch lower dash and 1.3 inch narrower A pillars. I find the potential increase in visibility exciting. Also the passenger air bag that deploys out of the glove box eliminating the ugly ass airbag cover in the dash. Perhaps Ford really thought this one through.

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
12/5/13 7:18 a.m.
RossD wrote: I like it. Anyone see a published weight as of yet?

No, but the autoweek article stated a 200lb weight decrease. We'll have to wait to find out if that's true and if so, in what configuration. I was hoping for more, but I'm sure there's also more content, so any weight decrease these days is a good thing.
For some perspective, my 1970 Firebird Formula 400 weighed 3800lbs. On the other hand, my '65 mustang is right at 2800lbs.

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
12/5/13 7:25 a.m.

I just saw a Ford video on FB of the new car, and it is NOT exactly like the Autoweek pictures.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce SuperDork
12/5/13 7:28 a.m.

The FB video is nice. The car looks very good in motion.

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
12/5/13 7:29 a.m.

In reply to mazdeuce:

Funny, I like the rearend in red but not silver. The Autoweek pictures show the front profile differently than the real thing. Its close, but not the same. I liked the Autoweek picture better.

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk SuperDork
12/5/13 7:36 a.m.

I'll be interested to see how a base V6, manual transmission model looks and how it prices out. Hunter green ??

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
12/5/13 7:37 a.m.

Here it is guys:

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/12/05/2015-ford-mustang-officially-unveiled/?intcmp=features

"...Drivers will have three engines to choose from: updated versions of the current 3.7-liter V6, which gets a projected 300 horsepower, and 5.0-liter V8, with 420 horsepower, as well as a new 2.3-liter EcoBoost four-cylinder that gets a projected 305 horsepower. Ford will also offer updated six-speed manual and automatic transmissions. Final numbers for horsepower and fuel economy will be released later.

The car sits on the Mustang's first independent rear suspension, which should improve handling because it lets the wheels operate independently.

Inside, new options include blind-spot detection and toggle switches that adjust the steering, stability control and other settings depending on the road conditions. The interior also has nicer materials, with brushed aluminum replacing painted plastics.

Ford isn't saying how much the new Mustang will cost, but the current one starts around $23,000. A convertible version will also be offered."

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
12/5/13 7:41 a.m.

http://www.stangtv.com/news/same-day-coverage-the-2015-mustang-debuts/

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
12/5/13 7:41 a.m.

http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2013/12/04/2015-ford-mustang-official-photos-and-details/

spin_out
spin_out Reader
12/5/13 7:42 a.m.

Nope, Not interested. It's a miss for me. (Unless it looks a lot different in person.) It looks like they tried really hard to make it look more like the Camaro.
The hood looks just like my dad's Fusion. I like that part.

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
12/5/13 7:47 a.m.

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
12/5/13 7:48 a.m.

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork

ultraclyde
ultraclyde SuperDork
12/5/13 7:55 a.m.

Damn I like this. I'm going to be forced to spend some money on my 05 so I don't spend money on one of those!

mazdeuce
mazdeuce SuperDork
12/5/13 7:55 a.m.

I think it's because it doesn't have that hulking brute look to it that the Camaro and to a slightly lesser extent the current Mustang has. I hesitate to say it's svelte, but it has a different vibe to it.

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
12/5/13 7:57 a.m.

I like it more every time I look at the pictures. I really think they did a good job on the rearend (painted diffuser aside), and I like every angle of it and the interior. Will have to wait on specifics about the drivetrain options and pricing, but this might just be my next car.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
12/5/13 8:03 a.m.

more swoop in the fast back, IRS, double ball joint front suspension, improved V8, better EPA, refined gear box, and more brakes, and the option of a 300 hp/ 300 lb-ft 2.3 turbo 4...What's not to love?

1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wqmm6J2xdXBhS2zN3UevFU6cmpFYt42ZSjSeyvOpGiInoP5b7EKFC7GTUWTXqwZd