1 2
tb
tb HalfDork
9/25/14 9:09 a.m.

In reply to wheels777:

I typically have plenty of free time to help out. Sadly, my fabrication skills are nowhere near up to your usual standards, but if you are in a thrash to get things assembled, wired and plumbed I would be happy to help out.

Still got my number? If not email me through the board...

JtspellS
JtspellS Dork
9/25/14 9:43 a.m.

In reply to wheels777: I'm available this weekend more likely then not, and I'm down in Baltimore so if you can get the radiator close enough I can deliver if need be.

wheels777
wheels777 Dork
9/25/14 8:20 p.m.
JtspellS wrote: In reply to wheels777: I'm available this weekend more likely then not, and I'm down in Baltimore so if you can get the radiator close enough I can deliver if need be.

My brother is in Indian Head. I'll see what can be arranged. How far south can you go? Thank you in advance.

wheels777
wheels777 Dork
9/25/14 8:21 p.m.
tb wrote: In reply to wheels777: I typically have plenty of free time to help out. Sadly, my fabrication skills are nowhere near up to your usual standards, but if you are in a thrash to get things assembled, wired and plumbed I would be happy to help out. Still got my number? If not email me through the board...

Aren't you in Boston?

wheels777
wheels777 Dork
9/25/14 8:24 p.m.
DeadSkunk wrote: Parachute? It needs a parachute? You MUST get this ready in time Andrew. We.the spectators demand it.

Multi purpose vehicle....LSR plans....and post challenge drags with a dual stage system :)

wheels777
wheels777 Dork
9/25/14 8:26 p.m.
SilverFleet wrote: Parachute???? Can't wait.

The roof rails should be a bigger eye brow raiser :)

JtspellS
JtspellS Dork
9/25/14 8:39 p.m.

In reply to wheels777:

Closer to 50 would be preferable, but I am flexible if need be. Shoot me a PM.

tb
tb HalfDork
9/25/14 8:53 p.m.

In reply to wheels777:

Back in Philly these days; not exactly next door to you but close enough to lend a hand if needed.

I'm taking it pretty easy these days with the neurological issues from the spinal cord damage but I still know how to spin a wrench...

2one5 2eight0 0seven three0

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy PowerDork
9/25/14 9:37 p.m.

Well, I paid $50 for a 745 Volvo with 3 sets of wheels and a melted motor. If only that 6.0 Express van will show up at insurance salvage for the right coin, I think I can scrounge a couple of 850 turbos, and see just how tough that imitation Dana 30 is...Not this year.

Then I have to figure out whether to just drive the thing 3500 miles, compete, and drive it home too...How hard could it be? What could possibly go wrong?

wheels777
wheels777 Dork
9/26/14 6:01 a.m.
tb wrote: In reply to wheels777: Back in Philly these days; not exactly next door to you but close enough to lend a hand if needed. I'm taking it pretty easy these days with the neurological issues from the spinal cord damage but I still know how to spin a wrench... 2one5 2eight0 0seven three0

Text sent.

JtspellS
JtspellS Dork
9/26/14 7:04 a.m.

Message sent.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/26/14 7:23 a.m.

Hmm.. I think this cupholder needs adjusting

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/26/14 9:26 a.m.
Swank Force One wrote: Repainting the car hits Challenge budget that i don't currently have,

no it doesn't. you're only charged for one paint job that wasn't part of the car as you received it. so if you painted it white for $'13 and painted it red for $'14, only the red paint job would be in your $'14 budget.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/26/14 9:38 a.m.
AngryCorvair wrote:
Swank Force One wrote: Repainting the car hits Challenge budget that i don't currently have,
no it doesn't. you're only charged for one paint job that wasn't part of the car as you received it. so if you painted it white for $'13 and painted it red for $'14, only the red paint job would be in your $'14 budget.

I haven't painted it at all. I bought it with the original paint job, still has the original paint job, just now with large chunks torn off from Challenge vinyl.

I could probably wrangle the "bringing car back to as-purchased" rule, but it's a bit impossible to go back to "25 year old paint job, but WITHOUT chunks missing."

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/26/14 9:59 a.m.

Dude. roll on some rustoleum and be done with it.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/26/14 10:01 a.m.

Is it just the door stickers that caused the peeling, or is it all over the car? I'd let you slide on just painting the doors to match if that fixes it. Would the 'new' stickers cover the old damage? Plasti-dip the doors? Chalkboard paint?

Pics?

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/26/14 11:04 a.m.
Gearheadotaku wrote: Is it just the door stickers that caused the peeling, or is it all over the car? I'd let you slide on just painting the doors to match if that fixes it. Would the 'new' stickers cover the old damage? Plasti-dip the doors? Chalkboard paint? Pics?

Stickers only. Doors and fenders.

I can get pics tomorrow.

Honestly, if i wanted to do the half-assed job i'm capable of in paint matching it, i would have just done it and not asked about it, but it would have looked beyond awful, because i don't think paint matching 25 year old factory single stage red is going to happen any time soon.

The new stickers would probably cover damage if i put them in the same places and if they're the same sponsors.

The problem is that i daily drive this and will be running other events that won't allow the stickers.

I'm just asking if people will complain if i throw $100 worth of paint on the car. Or do i have to FMV my original paint job, remove that price from budget, and replace with price of new paint job?

wheels777
wheels777 Dork
9/27/14 7:43 p.m.

Thanks or the help Tom!

JtspellS
JtspellS Dork
9/27/14 8:33 p.m.

Not a problem Andrew, Was wishing I was able to do more but was just in awe of all that dominant GRM past you have!! I'll let you know if I have more time off before the challenge.

wheels777
wheels777 Dork
10/3/14 5:28 a.m.

Anyone in the area available to help, we will be at it all weekend.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kpfjYlg13NljuaeAlpUMd6UXx52y8reDRfvXrMUhVzBpMF6NBEX4lphmeDM2LrS0