Hydrolastic
Hydrolastic New Reader
1/27/18 9:32 a.m.

Hello Guys. Getting irritated ordering the wrong stuff. Summit  with a call to check still sent a rigid one.   I need a AN straight -6 fitting I need the hose to be able to swivel when assembled. For some reason the ad says its a swivel fitting but when tightened its rigid.  It seems they call them all swivel. Is there another term to specify the hose to swivel? 

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/27/18 9:42 a.m.

The swivel on hydraulic hose ends is only for installation purposes, they will not swivel when connected. 

What you need is an inline swivel connector. https://www.superswivels.com/InlineSwivels.html

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/27/18 9:53 a.m.

I gave up on the Summit house brand AN stuff.  I look up the part I want in the Aeroquip or Russel catalog and then order by manufacturer part number.    

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
1/27/18 11:15 a.m.

In reply to EvanB :

This guy is dead on.  They usually call them “live swivels” and they are really pricey.  

Super Swivel is the big player in the pathetic hydraulic hose world I live in. 

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/27/18 11:35 a.m.

I've never seen a straight AN fitting that swiveled once tightened, by any manufacturer.

Granted, that does sound like a good idea for some applications to prevent flexing from working the nut loose.

D2W
D2W HalfDork
1/27/18 11:48 a.m.

I don't know what you are using it for, but keep in mind that all actual line swivel fittings will eventually weep. I build a lot of hydraulic equipment and when the opposite ends of the hose assembly move we design in a way that the hose is the flexible member in the assembly. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wX8SylKf3qyk7pptw5d6fmRT2ZRRQzm4kf6PQrEyYtfQAiel7x56spmujynTl98U