1 2 3
e_pie
e_pie HalfDork
8/16/13 1:00 p.m.

THANKS OBAMA

Nathan JansenvanDoorn
Nathan JansenvanDoorn Dork
8/16/13 1:02 p.m.

Really? You're going to blame POTUS for this?

wbjones
wbjones PowerDork
8/16/13 1:02 p.m.
e_pie wrote: THANKS OBAMA

from as far back as 1968 ? wow ... didn't realize his influence extended that far back

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
8/16/13 1:04 p.m.

I think that was sarcasm...

z31maniac
z31maniac PowerDork
8/16/13 1:10 p.m.
Nathan JansenvanDoorn wrote: Really? You're going to blame POTUS for this?

Hello there denizen of the internet, it appears your sarcasm detector is malfunctioning. Please visit the nearest authorized service center for repairs.

unevolved
unevolved Dork
8/16/13 1:11 p.m.

Yeah, it's a common internet joke satirizing right-wing pundits.

See: http://www.reddit.com/r/thanksobama

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/16/13 1:12 p.m.

Amazon indicates my order has shipped.. I blame obama

wbjones
wbjones PowerDork
8/16/13 1:13 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote: I think that was sarcasm...

sorry ...mine also .. where's that sarcasm emoticon when you need it ?

toad9977
toad9977 New Reader
8/16/13 1:22 p.m.

Got mine on Amazon too. Bimmerworld, Pelican Parts and Turner Motorsports all had it listed but said that the product was no longer available.

LuxInterior
LuxInterior New Reader
8/16/13 1:25 p.m.

I love Bob Costas.... I blame Obama

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/16/13 1:46 p.m.

I like how it's supposed to be amber so you can tell it from other automotive fluids...yeah, like gear/diff oil, fresh engine oil, or orange coolant which are easy to tell from amber...

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UberDork
8/16/13 2:00 p.m.
GameboyRMH wrote: I like how it's supposed to be amber so you can tell it from other automotive fluids...yeah, like gear/diff oil, fresh engine oil, or orange coolant which are easy to tell from amber...

I think it's supposed to be clear to amber so average Joe can see when it's turned to black gunk and therfore years past its flush date! If Joe had put Blue in, he may not notice it turning black 5 years later.

sachilles
sachilles SuperDork
8/16/13 2:00 p.m.

Shrug, I prefer Motul.

Despite being water based, could you not add blue food coloring at time of bleeding so you know when you've bled the fluid through the system? If you are bleeding it out, it'll be gone along with the other crud you were trying to get rid of in the first place.

z31maniac
z31maniac PowerDork
8/16/13 2:05 p.m.
wbjones wrote:

It's not really sarcasm/satire if you have to tell people, is it?

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/16/13 2:08 p.m.

I can just see the scene down at the FLAPS. Guy walks in and picks up a few needed items and as he heads to the counter he gives the guy a knowing nod.

Guy behind the counter looks around and shuts the front door, motioning to the customer to follow him to the back. Once there, a hidden door opens and behind it are shelves loaded with SuperBlue.

Just then the customer pulls a gun and badge out and yells to the guy, "DOT! Get on the ground! NOW!" Suddenly through every window and door in the place, DOT inspectors come pouring in, their ties flapping in the breeze.....

Remember, friends don't let friends use SuperBlue.....

wbjones
wbjones PowerDork
8/16/13 2:21 p.m.
z31maniac wrote:
wbjones wrote:

on the interwebz sometimes people seem to get butthurt when something was meant in jest/fun ... the sarcasm emoticon would (maybe) help with that

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/16/13 2:21 p.m.
Nathan JansenvanDoorn wrote: Really? You're going to blame POTUS for this?

It's an Internet meme.

Because people like to blame him for various Federal agencies enforcing laws that have been on the books for forty-fifty years. (See: Blocking sale of kits that remove the smog equipment from new trucks...)

wbjones
wbjones PowerDork
8/16/13 2:22 p.m.
sachilles wrote: Shrug, I prefer Motul. Despite being water based, could you not add blue food coloring at time of bleeding so you know when you've bled the fluid through the system? If you are bleeding it out, it'll be gone along with the other crud you were trying to get rid of in the first place.

ya know .... that's not a bad idea .. the only thing "good" about Ate blue vs amber is the ability to tell when all the old fluid is gone

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
8/16/13 2:23 p.m.
z31maniac wrote:
wbjones wrote:

I am amazed some people haven't heard that in some way or form yet.......That is what is shocking to be honest.

Nathan JansenvanDoorn
8/16/13 2:27 p.m.

I confess, I don't spend much time on forums other than this one and a few other automotive sites. My sincerest apologies for not knowing this meme. Perhaps I need to spend less time outside and more time online.

That said, I've seen stranger political statements on this forum that weren't in jest.

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
8/16/13 2:39 p.m.

In reply to Nathan JansenvanDoorn:

You get a free pass for being a Cannuck on this one.......next time you'll have to write "Thanks Obama" and "Merci Obama" 1000 times on a chalkboard though, so tread wisely.

Nathan JansenvanDoorn
8/16/13 2:40 p.m.

Jerry
Jerry HalfDork
8/16/13 3:23 p.m.
GameboyRMH wrote: I like how it's supposed to be amber so you can tell it from other automotive fluids...yeah, like gear/diff oil, fresh engine oil, or orange coolant which are easy to tell from amber...

I've seen this story blowing up all day in various forums, this is the first chance I've had to read about it. Seriously? The ONLY reason they are condemning it is because it's not clear?

Next question, is it really that much better than any other brake fluid? Or am I missing something Capt Obvious can show me?

tpwalsh
tpwalsh Reader
8/16/13 3:58 p.m.
Next question, is it really that much better than any other brake fluid? Or am I missing something Capt Obvious can show me?

It's good, but it's not the best. The reason that i went with it is the easy flushing due to the color. Bleed until the color swaps. Done. No "did I get it all out?" questions.

novaderrik
novaderrik UberDork
8/16/13 4:26 p.m.

will Royal Purple motor oils be the next thing to be declared illegal because they are the wrong color?

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
G1LXkNSoakzldH8tzC1d5Wz7hHb4zPVx0aHp8wFxSi59jfInzXjgT1Pt44mqOZAR