1 2 3
BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/11/15 8:24 p.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote: I would say that 90% of 10 year old cars you seen here would never be on the road in the UK. This came up in anther thread the other day where people were bemoaning how bad we have it over here and why can't we get the good cars here. I pointed out then that this country, even Cali, it is far far far easier to own and modify a car than in the UK, let alone much of mainland Europe.

Very much agree. The UK used to be fairly modification friendly as long as the mode passed the MOT, but there's been some serious anti-modification law changing going on. But compared to places like Belgium where even a cone filter can get you into trouble because it improves the performance of the engine, the UK is still close to modification heaven. Not quite as close as Norway, Sweden and Denmark, but a lot of those cars aren't road legal.

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
3/12/15 6:24 a.m.
BoxheadTim wrote: But compared to places like Belgium where even a cone filter can get you into trouble because it improves the performance of the engine

that one's hard to understand … something that makes the engine more efficient seems to be something they would want their people to do …

walks away shaking his head

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UltimaDork
3/12/15 8:05 a.m.

In reply to BoxheadTim:

The Scandinavians have some serious restrictions on road legal engine swaps though.

People here bitch, but this country really is car nirvana in all ways. Availability, affordability, running costs, freedom of use and freedom of modification.

admc58
admc58 Reader
3/15/15 10:50 p.m.

Dude needs to move to Alabama!

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 UltraDork
3/15/15 11:14 p.m.

Or Indiana, you should see some of the rusty crap that drives around here. I've seen cars with the entire wheel arch up into the rear quarter rusted off.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UltimaDork
3/16/15 7:53 a.m.
moparman76_69 wrote: Or Indiana, you should see some of the rusty crap that drives around here. I've seen cars with the entire wheel arch up into the rear quarter rusted off.

You mean 'minor rust' in a CL ad?

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uwfmP03rjnnFQLNM27cGAdhTYIqjpXfwCEdrahObgX0u6jCuQucGHmHVKPIIUdMV