1 2 3 4
mazdeuce
mazdeuce SuperDork
10/15/13 10:24 a.m.

I want to know if I'm overlooking anything here. I'm not a fan of heavily optioned cars.
My plan:
LT1
Z51
Sport Seats
Magnetic shocks
Are there any other must have options that I missed?

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UberDork
10/15/13 10:26 a.m.
mazdeuce wrote: I want to know if I'm overlooking anything here. I'm not a fan of heavily optioned cars. My plan: LT1 Z51 Sport Seats Magnetic shocks Are there any other must have options that I missed?

I've become a fan of bluetooth and iPod connectivity.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce SuperDork
10/15/13 10:45 a.m.

Looks like the standard radio has bluetooth connectivity. I could spec the navigation system but in general I'm not a huge fan of factory navigation. $800 for something I'd use a couple of times a year that my phone does anyway doesn't really excite me.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/15/13 10:48 a.m.
mazdeuce wrote: Are there any other must have options that I missed?

Rally tires

mazdeuce
mazdeuce SuperDork
10/15/13 10:48 a.m.

Crap, sport exhaust. Need the sport exhaust.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce SuperDork
10/15/13 10:50 a.m.
EvanB wrote:
mazdeuce wrote: Are there any other must have options that I missed?
Rally tires

I'm pretty sure I can rallycross a C3. I'm been watching craigslist for the right car to pop up. Needs side pipes.

tuna55
tuna55 PowerDork
10/15/13 11:18 a.m.

The little known option code "G2T" is where after delivery, you bring it over to my house and give it to me.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce SuperDork
10/15/13 11:41 a.m.

Nope. Z51 just gives you the dry sump and some other bits and pieces. Go fast stuff.

Edit: I replied to Javelin and then his post was gone? He's a post ninja.

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
10/15/13 11:46 a.m.

How much are they charging for the "Sport Exhaust" ?

eastsidemav
eastsidemav Dork
10/15/13 11:47 a.m.

R8C - Fly to Bowling Green, and break it in on the way back home

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/15/13 11:47 a.m.

In reply to mazdeuce:

LOL! I was complaining about chevy.com's configurator. When you first select the Z51 package, the overview shows the automatic standard with no manual optional, but as soon as you click next it shows up correctly (manual standard, auto optional). Chevy's site leaves a lot to be desired, let's put it thta way.

In other news, what color? May I put in a vote for Laguna Blue, followed by Lime Rock Green?

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/15/13 11:54 a.m.

White!

mazdeuce
mazdeuce SuperDork
10/15/13 12:06 p.m.

White is the chosen color. It looks great on the standard car and I think it will be the best color for the Aerowagon. The sport exhaust is $1200. That's a LOT of money for 5hp and some nice noises. The big advantage of it is that it's quiet at cruise which should make the car really pleasant for long drives and when my wife uses it to commute. Bowling Green fly and drive is already on my list. Makes for a very expensive trip to the museum.

conesare2seconds
conesare2seconds Reader
10/15/13 12:37 p.m.

Make sure there isn't a Callaway exhaust option you might prefer before you decide on the sport exhaust. Typically, they are price-competitive with the Callaway Double-D vs other aftermarket options.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe Dork
10/15/13 12:41 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote: I want to know if I'm overlooking anything here. I'm not a fan of heavily optioned cars. My plan: LT1 Z51 Sport Seats Magnetic shocks Are there any other must have options that I missed?

Effectively how I would order mine. Sports exhaust I would go aftermarket but that's me, there are plenty of companies doing the exhausts now with the vacuum canister.

I would go white on red interior with black carpeting.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke HalfDork
10/15/13 12:54 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce:

I think you've got it pretty well figured out there. Mine would also be white.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/15/13 1:15 p.m.

Whatever it takes to NOT get the 2 tone dash.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce SuperDork
10/15/13 1:21 p.m.
conesare2seconds wrote: Make sure there isn't a Callaway exhaust option you might prefer before you decide on the sport exhaust. Typically, they are price-competitive with the Callaway Double-D vs other aftermarket options.

Thanks, I hadn't thought of that. I sent Callaway a message to ask them.

The only interior that doesn't make me want to throw up in my mouth is the standard black one, at least on the LT1 trim.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/15/13 1:27 p.m.

White on black?!? Yawn

mazdeuce
mazdeuce SuperDork
10/15/13 1:31 p.m.

My thought is that the Aerowagon will make up for any plainness in the rest of the car. Besides, I love the look of a simple white car wearing good rubber and numbers. Long term I'd like to have the calipers painted white, run black wheels and white letter tires.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
10/15/13 1:36 p.m.

White is boring IMHO.

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
10/15/13 1:40 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce:

FWIW, Akrapovic is probably developing an exhaust at this point(they did the c6 before).....because full titanium is epic. \

93EXCivic wrote: White is boring IMHO.

White was the best color for the c6 ZR1.......vettes have always looked good in white, because they were all meant to be white.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce SuperDork
10/15/13 1:45 p.m.

When I'm ready to spend $4500 on a full ti exhaust, I won't sweat the $1200 I spent on the sport exhaust. It is fantastic looking though and saves 33lbs on the C6. Crap. Need to think about that.

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
10/15/13 1:46 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce:

I know, I love playing with other peoples monies....

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
10/15/13 1:49 p.m.
yamaha wrote: In reply to mazdeuce: FWIW, Akrapovic is probably developing an exhaust at this point(they did the c6 before).....because full titanium is epic. \
93EXCivic wrote: White is boring IMHO.
White was the best color for the c6 ZR1.......vettes have always looked good in white, because they were all meant to be white.

Next to black, White is the best way to hide all the curves and creases in the body. That's only good if the curves and creases are ugly. Otherwise, a nice metallic brings out the curves and creases. I agree that white is boring.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PvTvLnmMDoUjHXq1zOI96nULNolVGKlF1IIB7O82vySmtGp9i0mA6DwWdvPj33lD