P71
P71 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/21/09 4:03 p.m.

I'm working on a 99 Seville "STS" with the Northstar. Came in with all sorts of warning lights on in the dash and nothing electrical working. I pulled the backseat and got to the fuses, replaced a few questionable ones, and then hooked up my BEAR machine to the battery. It said dead (12.2V, 176Amps out of a 800Amp battery).

I installed a new battery, cleared the codes from the ECM, and now it seems to be OK from that end. (Starts right up, no warning lights, no codes, runs decent). I got most of the electrical to work again except the power tilt/telescope (the radio/phone controls on the wheel work though) and every window except the driver's front.

I checked out the switchgear in the driver's door, and except for a bunch of Gorilla glue where some prior mechanic got to it, everything was OK. The driver's door will lock and unlock all the doors, move the driver's mirror, and operate the driver's window. None of the other windows move and neither does the passenger mirror, from any switch. Also, the passenger and rear door lock buttons are INOP. Any ideas?

Nashco
Nashco SuperDork
1/21/09 4:43 p.m.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7AXxeWr9EqmP7bJEQ0b1OysGJkWHhiYGpNObvtTf5PKyi3FYekyPOu5h17PGKoG2