kazoospec
kazoospec Dork
5/18/15 8:15 p.m.

So here's the listing: http://kalamazoo.craigslist.org/cto/5031041505.html

Short story for the click impaired:

+

=

The above listing.

On one hand, I'm not sure I've ever hated any car more than an AMC Pacer. On the other hand, adding a 500cid Caddy engine to the equation . . .

Discuss

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/18/15 8:26 p.m.

That is awesome. You should buy it.

Then vaporize the rear tires on the way home.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/18/15 8:29 p.m.

For encouragement.

egoman
egoman New Reader
5/18/15 8:37 p.m.

DO IT! Repeat this 100,000,000,000 times. Stop repeating if it interferes with doing it.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy UltimaDork
5/18/15 8:38 p.m.

I do believe I've seen that car at the Gilmore museum muscle car drive in

WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/18/15 8:59 p.m.

Ah, the mirth mobile.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy UberDork
5/18/15 9:06 p.m.

I'd like that Caddy engine a lot more if it were in a Gremlin. Is it safe to say that Kazoospec wouldn't have stopped to write a thread about it if it had been?

kazoospec
kazoospec Dork
5/18/15 9:12 p.m.

In reply to HappyAndy:

In a Gremlin, it's a no brainer - pure awesome. Its the "Pacerness" that creates the conflict.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 UltimaDork
5/18/15 9:17 p.m.

8.2 Liter badge is a nice touch.

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk UltraDork
5/18/15 9:20 p.m.

Now, there's a car you can see out of!

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

ssswitch
ssswitch Reader
5/18/15 9:24 p.m.

This car is absolutely mandatory.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/18/15 9:58 p.m.

there was a "wagon" version?

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy PowerDork
5/18/15 10:19 p.m.

Pacers don't look nearly as odd now. Park one beside any SUV or wagon built in the 90's, and they pretty much fit right in.

They are still a steaming turd, but not quite a stinky a turd as they were new.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/18/15 10:27 p.m.
Streetwiseguy wrote: Pacers don't look nearly as odd now. Park one beside any SUV or wagon built in the 90's, and they pretty much fit right in. They are still a steaming turd, but not quite a stinky a turd as they were new.

just proves they were ahead of their time

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
5/19/15 12:04 a.m.

Wait wait wait. So you're telling me, there exists a pacer. A brown pacer. A brown pacer...WAGON. a brown pacer wagon with an extremely large engine in it, that has no earthly business being there. Having posted said ad, I glean that you can at least remotely afford said pacer. The only variable in this equation is....why this is a question as opposed to a "look at this crazy E36 M3 I just bought" thread. I feel as a fellow auto enthusiast that I would be utterly remiss if I didn't point this out to you. This is by far the most logical car on the planet by simple virtue of its insanity.

T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
5/19/15 6:14 a.m.

Yeah, that thing is hilarious. Not sure I'd be interested for $6k, but that's mostly because I already have an extra car that I should sell. I love it that it comes with a fire extinguisher to put out the rear tires after the requisite burnout.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi UltraDork
5/19/15 6:34 a.m.

Those quarters look really bad, even for a Michigan car.

gearheadmb
gearheadmb Reader
5/19/15 7:21 a.m.

I like it, but im not in like with it. I think its kind of awesome, but definitely not $6k worth of awesome. It seems like a guy could build his own for half of that.

Powar
Powar SuperDork
5/19/15 7:22 a.m.

That car is local to me. I've seen it hundreds of times, and it still makes me laugh every. single. time.

I'm not sure why a car in Louisville is listed in Michigan.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xLWNvy8HzAELbEMb16ug3h1p0VZ1rGTWcwvwQMRX5Hz8IHBh5LEl8dc4EFE2TveL