1 2 3 4
frenchyd
frenchyd UltimaDork
8/6/21 6:13 p.m.

In reply to MadScientistMatt :

Part of the reason I revived this is because I have another guy interested in Vintage racing a Jaguar XJS V12 and he called me asking me to find him one.  
  I called all my usual sources, and even the Jag collector's are out of them.  My Local Jaguar junkyard has a bunch of hulks missing major pieces off each. 
    One Guy I know sold 7 in a few weeks. 
   Since top  XKE's are bringing in $300,000 and even Drivers are well over $125,000  The overflow will go somewhere and  some of it seems to have quietly gone into XJS  After all the XJS was the XKE's replacement. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/6/21 10:11 p.m.

I'm pretty sure there are 3 xjs v12s for sale very close to me for "just tow it away" money. I'll see if I can locate the ads.

frenchyd
frenchyd UltimaDork
8/6/21 10:19 p.m.

Excellent!   Since you're nearby I can either zip down and pick one up or have him fly into Chicago and get it himself. 
 Thank you.  Why don't you grab one for yourself?  

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/6/21 10:21 p.m.
Robbie (Forum Supporter) said:

I'm pretty sure there are 3 xjs v12s for sale very close to me for "just tow it away" money. I'll see if I can locate the ads.

Here too. There's clean running v12's for well under $10k. There are some asking in the low 20s and teens but I think they're wishful. 

The 94-96 v12 coupes are selling high though. 

frenchyd
frenchyd UltimaDork
8/6/21 10:25 p.m.

In reply to yupididit :

Did you sell yours?  That Lister body kit was sure nice.    Once they are running decently the price seems to jump.  The early pre HE (1975-1980 ) are the ones that have jumped in price lately. 
 Racers like them because they are lighter and have the better heads.  While collectors like them because so few were made. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
8/6/21 10:37 p.m.

I just don't love the way the xjs looks. And while I'd love to v12 swap my xj6, it's not in the cards right now.

frenchyd
frenchyd UltimaDork
8/6/21 11:07 p.m.

I was thinking maybe you're ready to go vintage racing up at Elkhart lake?  
 An XJS would be nice in Group 6   Probably a whole lot less work than that Datsun. And you'd have as Road&Track  says Thundering elegance. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
8/10/21 11:22 a.m.
Robbie (Forum Supporter)
8/10/21 11:29 a.m.
yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/10/21 2:28 p.m.

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

This abandoned xjs's are priced way too high. The XJc usually gets good money. I'd love one. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
8/10/21 3:47 p.m.
yupididit said:

This abandoned xjs's are priced way too high. The XJc usually gets good money. I'd love one. 

yeah, the 3 the one person has have been listed variously since early spring maybe. Based on seeing multiple ads over the timeframe, my understanding is that these cars were part of an 'estate' and now kids are dealing with selling the 'property'. My guess is that no one will bite, but if an ambitious person were to express interest and leave a number, they might be near free when it comes time to sell the house. 

The XJc is interesting because of the motor swap. The Chevy v8 probably kills a lot of the originality and collector value. 

frenchyd
frenchyd UltimaDork
8/10/21 6:23 p.m.

Needs work?  What an understatement. I did notice no spark plug wires. 

frenchyd
frenchyd UltimaDork
8/10/21 6:25 p.m.
Robbie (Forum Supporter) said:
yupididit said:

yeah, the 3 the one person has have been listed variously since early spring maybe. Based on seeing multiple ads over the timeframe, my understanding is that these cars were part of an 'estate' and now kids are dealing with selling the 'property'. My guess is that no one will bite, but if an ambitious person were to express interest and leave a number, they might be near free when it comes time to sell the house. 

The XJc is interesting because of the motor swap. The Chevy v8 probably kills a lot of the originality and collector value. 

That's not an XJCoupe.  That's an XJS  SC 

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DFbuSl6f5Ww87nyR0K7Yos9sYUs0jy5ReyD6VKiuIZ1Qrv62gPng5JkE6mufNwFn